• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Noctua fan sleeving

Raxxath

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 29, 2007
Messages
491
Does anyone know where Noctua gets the sleeving for their fans? I made a thread a while ago trying to identify some sleeving I had that I thought performance pcs had added to the Noctua fan I bought from them. More recently I found out that it actually came from Noctua themselves.

The sleeving is somewhat rubbery and very tube-like. Despite it having a texture on the outside that an interwoven sleeve might have, no matter how much you bend it you can never see through it, so I don't think it's actually interwoven at all.

I emailed Noctua and they told me that they couldn't tell me what it is. It bends extremely well and doesn't show even the slightest hint of wires inside, so I'd really like to get my hands on more.
 
Probably a proprietary paracord material.

You can find paracord in a number of shops.
 
Probably a proprietary paracord material.

You can find paracord in a number of shops.

I have paracord from FTWpc, and it's not the same thing. Paracord feels like fabric, whereas this stuff feels more rubbery. The Noctua sleeving holds it circular shape extremely well on tight bends, where the paracord tends to flatten out like traditional sleeving.
 
I have paracord from FTWpc, and it's not the same thing. Paracord feels like fabric, whereas this stuff feels more rubbery. The Noctua sleeving holds it circular shape extremely well on tight bends, where the paracord tends to flatten out like traditional sleeving.

Yeah, me too.

that stuff looks like paracord, IDK?
I don't like working with paracord as it tends to shed small strands of fabric......reminds me of shoelace.

maybe they bonded rubber to it?

I read your other thread.....all in all I have to agree with others, MDPC-X is the best sleeving anywhere, anytime. I don't use anything else.
 
Last edited:
I read your other thread.....all in all I have to agree with others, MDPC-X is the best sleeving anywhere, anytime. I don't use anything else.

I wonder if they'd still say that if they tried this stuff. There's no doubt the MDPC-X sleeving looks great, but I can't imagine it bends nearly as well as this sleeving.


Edit: Here's another picture.

DSC03313.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top