Noctua Case Fan Roundup

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by HardOCP News, Apr 3, 2013.

1. HardOCP News

HardOCP News [H] News

The crew over at Overclockers Club rounded-up a handful of 140 / 150mm Noctua case fans today and put them to the test. Here's a quote from the review:

2. babochee

babochee Gawd

Great review. I had no idea Noctua's customer service is among the best in the biz.

3. JayJapanB

JayJapanB [H]ard|Gawd

NOCTOOAA!!

I'm so glad they brought out 140mm fans with proper frames.

Love the colours.
    Beats boring black or corsair fans which look kinda like lego.
    I have two NF-A14 FLXs and they push a lot of air through my rad silently

\fanboy rant

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  4. NORDO

NORDO n00b

Their fans certainly are impressively quiet. I can't hear my NH-D14 cooler over anything else in my case (Corsair Carbide 500R with stock fans) even in a completely quiet room.

If I was going for total silence/quiet, I'd probably replace everything else with some new Noctuas.

5. Josephson_Junction

Josephson_Junction [H]Lite

Noctua :D

I second the mention about their customer support; my own experience was very good when I first got my NH-L12.

I also have to admit that the color scheme has grown on me.

6. Teenyman45

Teenyman45 2[H]4U

Love the fans yet despise the colors. I have a large array of 120mm Noctua fans and the F12's have a deep (but still very quiet) droning noise near top speed and am curious if the 140mm offerings have a similar issue or if that only creeps in at 1300+ rpm.

The real trick is finding Noctua fans on a deep discount special. Buying a dozen or more at full price would have been a killer.

What I would really love to see is a heavy thermal load shootout between Noctua and Nidec on both high fin density and low fin density radiators.

7. sakerfalcon

sakerfalcon Limp Gawd

Great information, especially about the last bit with RMA. I'm definitely going to try RMAing two of my A15s now - before I couldn't be bothered with return shipping for two fans. They make a high pitch motor noise.

8. dhappy

dhappy [H]Lite

Nice that they're quieter than their predecessors. Gotta invest in some Noctua's later in the future! I'm stuck with bundle-pack Cooler Master fans

9. I still don't understand why people praise them so much. Yes, their service is very good, but their fans aren't that much if you ask me.