Noctua 140mm/120mm Fan recommendations?

Retsam

2[H]4U
Looking for a little help here from someone who may know...

I have a Fractal Design R5 with the stock fans running, as well as some type of cooler master cpu cooler with a fan I forget off the top of my head. I have decided recently to try and lower the noise level of my computer a bit so after doing some researching it seems the Noctua fans are pretty highly rated for decent airflow and noise.

My question is, there seem to be many different type of 140mm Noctua fan models. I need help on figuring out which ones to get. Which are better? Theres like NF-A14 PWM, NF-P14 Flex, etc, etc Someone narrow down which are the best to get. I am looking for quiet but good airflow. From what I read, the NF-A14 Flex is good for case fans and the PWM is for headsink fans?

I will need two 140mm fans and one 120mm fan.

Thanks.

Yeah, for cpu cooling you want the PWM variants. NF-F12 PWM. Chromax variant if you want it in black. I haven't had much complaint with the factal design case fans over the years but everyone has different ears. I had a 140mm Noctua A14 ( I think) that had a weird hum that drove me crazy. You might try the fans on low/medium speed of the case fan controller if you haven't already.

Yeah. I am waiting on messing with these fans until I replace my PSU. I am in middle of shopping for a new PSU first because that is definitely my first problem to solve. But after that I do want to swap out some fans. I am just trying to figure out the best well made case/cpu fans that run quiet but still push decent air.

For a number of years, and I dont know why I waited so long, my computer gets pretty damn loud at load. I had always thought it was my graphics card, but upon actually checking it was my PSU fan.

The Noctua Flex fans are 3 pin and include a couple different inline resistors that lower fan speed, while the PWM's are controllable via motherboard or 4 pin fan controller.
I have Noctua's that are close to 10 years old and still run fine!

Back