Nobody Knows What An iPad Is Good For Anymore

So you're paying "only" $420 dollars for a device that goes for $299 new, $199 used.

You may want to re-think that.
I most definitely will, if you can point me to an iPad Mini 2 Retina w/32GB and WiFi + LTE for $299 new or $199 used.

I think the average 12 year old would be pretty happy with a Surface Pro 3.
I'm sure they would be. But why buy a 12 year old a Surface Pro 3? Assume everything you buy for kids is going to be broken soon. It's pretty expensive for something that $300 laptop can do.

I'm sure they would be. But why buy a 12 year old a Surface Pro 3? Assume everything you buy for kids is going to be broken soon. It's pretty expensive for something that $300 laptop can do.

Obviously the price of the Surface Pro 3 prevents it from being a typical kids device. But it does quite a bit more and a significantly better piece of hardware than the typical $300 laptop.

it's $300 dollars more expensive, which is nearly double on a $500 dollar purchase price :rolleyes:

But the i3 SP3 is only more $200 than the 64 GB iPad Air 2 so that's only 1/3rd more on the $600 purchase price of the Air. While they are both tablets the iPad and Surface Pro are inherently different devices. The iPad is clearly the better consumption device and the Surface Pro clearly the better productivity device.

Productivity devices tend to cost more and if Apple does release a larger, possibly pen enabled iPad it's going to be more in line pricewise to the Surface Pro 3 line than current iPads.

But the i3 SP3 is only more $200 than the 64 GB iPad Air 2 so that's only 1/3rd more on the $600 purchase price of the Air. While they are both tablets the iPad and Surface Pro are inherently different devices. The iPad is clearly the better consumption device and the Surface Pro clearly the better productivity device.

Productivity devices tend to cost more and if Apple does release a larger, possibly pen enabled iPad it's going to be more in line pricewise to the Surface Pro 3 line than current iPads.

I could be wrong, but I've got a regular pen that works on an iPhone, though I don't know if you could draw with it or not...if I remember, I'll try it on Friday.

I could be wrong, but I've got a regular pen that works on an iPhone, though I don't know if you could draw with it or not...if I remember, I'll try it on Friday.

There are capacitive styli for capacitive touch screen devices. The big differences between a stylus and a true digital pen are palm rejection and pressure sensitivity.

I only use my Ipad for occasional reading and surfing the net. Is it useful, no not really. I read comic books off it and it's nice. I generally just do reading on my kindle for books. Guess I prefer the screen on the kindle for reading books.

If there's something that's a bit better for reading comic books digitally, I'd be much more happy.

Back