• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

No Windows Sound when Gaming!? Help please :/

sitheris

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 30, 2004
Messages
1,787
I can listen to music in winamp or whatever just fine, but when I open up World of Warcraft or something all sounds in Windows MUTES. However, the sound in World of Warcraft works fine! If I let a song continue to play while I'm in WoW, and exit the game, the sound magically comes back. This isn't specific to winamp, it's ALL windows sounds. However, if I try to do Creative diagnostics while WoW is open, I can hear the speaker test, how crazy is that???

What can I do? I have all the latest drivers for all of my hardware, and I have the latest BIOS for my mobo. I've tried the SB in different PCI slots also.

Audigy 2 ZS
VNF4 Ultra
AMD A64 3200+ Winchester
1gb DDR400
Geforce 6600GT
Windows XP + SP2
 
Would it be possible that your onboard audio is configured and windows is outputting the sound through this?
Have you tried disabling it in BIOS?
 
It's already disabled. If it wasn't disabled, why would sound normally play fine when I don't have WoW open?
 
Back
Top