No Video Playback, Audio Only. Please Help!

I recently reformated my HD and reinstalled WinXP w/SP2. All drivers and up to date.
I installed the newest codec pack from www.codecpack.com (Which is where I got my codecs last time.) I'm using all the same software and hardware that I was using a week ago, when everything worked fine... Now, I get audio only when I play any video files... (avi, xvid, mpg, divx... etc). WMP will show a black screen, but will progress normally (audio only). For some reason, I can't play WMV or ASF files at all. WMP crashes when I try.
I have used GSpot, Sherlock and Codec Sniper and have found no problems. Those 3 programs say that the correct codecs are installed and are working correctly.
I get the same problem if I try to play the videos using VuePrint, QuickTime or VLC media player.
This happened to me last time I reformatted and can't remember for the life of me what I did to fix it.
I have uninstalled the codecpack and installed several codecs individually, to no avail. Uninstalling the Codecpack did not fix my WMV problem either. (WMV DID work prior to installing any other codecs.)
So I am completely stumped.

T.I.A.

Back