No Video Output

DeadlyAura

Supreme [H]ardness
I dug out my old ASRock 939 Dual-SATA2 board and threw it back together after a long hiatus.

A few months ago, I decommissioned the system as my main rig and tried to set it up with an old AGP video card. This failed because I had no video output and assumed that my video card was dead. I now have a PCI-e x1950 pro installed and am running into the same issue. I'm not quite sure where to start...

Does the board power up? fans, hdd light etc.

Are you sure it is not the monitor or cable? do either the graphics cards work in another machine? if the monitor and graphics cards all check out, then with the pc unplugged pull out the CMOS battery on the mobo for about 10 minutes and put it back in and retry.

Does the board power up? fans, hdd light etc.

Are you sure it is not the monitor or cable? do either the graphics cards work in another machine? if the monitor and graphics cards all check out, then with the pc unplugged pull out the CMOS battery on the mobo for about 10 minutes and put it back in and retry.

This is another monitor than the one I originally tried with. I'll swap to one I'm positive works and check it out.

The cards do work in other machines.

I've already tried clearing CMOS

Back