No video output

schapman

Gawd
Just quick question for you guys. My brothers desktop has an onboard video card that he used for a while. I ended up giving him my ati 9700pro when i upgraded quite a while back and everything was fine with it. A couple weeks back His monitor stopped getting a video signal from the new card. I took the desktop and figured that the 9700pro may have finally kicked the bucket so I yanked it. Same deal with the onboard. Tried clearing the BIOS with the jumpers with no effect. I'm also trying it on a different (and working) monitor so I know his monitor is the issue.

My first though is that the mobo is toast, but was wondering if any of you have any other ideas of what to try.

Bump for having a similar problem. The monitor suddenly showed no signal, changed cords, worked a few times, then again no signal. The old cord would no longer work either.

Sorry in advance for jumping in here if it's not the appropriate space. I am a Linux newbie. I recently installed Ubuntu 8.04 on my Dell laptop. SChapman, my Dell 620 config seems to be exactly the same as yours. When I boot the laptop is in it's dock, I have no video signal. If I boot outside of the dock and then dock it, the monitor hangs in "auto-adjust" mode. Just curious if you can successfully operate in your dock. As I said, I believe I have the same config as you; the monitor is a ViewSonic VE710b. Any suggestions will be appreciate. CMR

Back