• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

No Video Displayed

bruins004

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 26, 2006
Messages
119
Hey guys,
I put the below system together recently:

AMD Athlon 3800+ w/ AMD Heatsink
Abit KN8 SLI
Visiontek X800 128mb
Antec TruePower 550W
Lite On DVD RW and Combo Drive
WD Cavaliar 250GB HD
SoundBlaster Live Sound card
ViewSonic 20" Flat Panel Monitor

The problem is when I turn on the computer, it does not post to the monitor.
The monitor says "No Input Signal".

When I turned on the computer I also noticed that all of the IDE drives (HD and the 2 DVD drives), do not seem to be powered.....Therefore, the HD is not spinning and the DVD drives do not open up.

Due to this I do not believe it to be the Video Card...Any ideas?
 
Sounds like you are getting some power then? Can you feel the fan from the power supply blowing? Does the board beep at you?
 
Yea I feel the 120mm fan from the PSU and no the board does not beep at me. I am hoping it isnt the board. I currently have everything in so it shouldnt beep.
 
First thing is to make sure that the motherboard has both the 20/24 pin and 4/8 pin power connectors plugged in.

If so, thenbreak it down to the simplist boot capable machine and test it then.

Motherboard
Video Card
CPU
CPU Fan
1 stick of RAM
Power Switch
20/24pin power connector
4/8pin CPU power connector

Unplug/remove EVERYTHING else from the PSU and motherboard and see if will boot then. If it still doesn't boot try each RAM stick in different slots an retry until you run out of combinations.
 
ryan_975 said:
First thing is to make sure that the motherboard has both the 20/24 pin and 4/8 pin power connectors plugged in.

If so, thenbreak it down to the simplist boot capable machine and test it then.

Motherboard
Video Card
CPU
CPU Fan
1 stick of RAM
Power Switch
20/24pin power connector
4/8pin CPU power connector

Unplug/remove EVERYTHING else from the PSU and motherboard and see if will boot then. If it still doesn't boot try each RAM stick in different slots an retry until you run out of combinations.

If this doesn't work, make sure your voltage is RAM voltage is set correctly in BIOS. I had the same problem and realized that my RAM voltage was 1.9V but the BIOS comes set at 1.8V so I couldn't even get into BIOS!!

I installed one stick of RAM that had the correct voltage so I could at least get into BIOS and then I changed the settings accordingly.

Good luck :)
 
Back
Top