No Stats :(

4DoorGTZ

Limp Gawd
Ever get that feeling when you really gotta go, you go through all the motions but its all for nothing?

Been that way with stanfords stats all day (they were moving servers and such) I'm thinking there's gonna be one hell of a dump.... or it could come online and fill in the hourly dumps it missed :)

edit: hope they didnt take the weekend off :)

I was just going to post this, I was going to go into work tomorrow to check my boxes... Something seemed wrong. Good night!

I was just begining to think there was something wrong on my end, thanks for the heads up.

the servers gotta be off, but looking at my stats page a couple of minutes ago it looks like about a 3500 point drop so far this morning :D

I am glad I'm not the poor soul who has had to be getting their servers back on line this week ;)

Talking with Vijay directly, he is looking into the issue.

1 [H]ard Team, 2 Great Projects, 1 Common Goal..... The Cure.

Site Admin: [H]ard|Folding
Lurker Extraordinaire

It's probably all those PS3's overproducing! YIKES, they certainly are powerful!

Not sure how the HardForum graps the Stats from Stanford, but there I have 88299 pts...and have had that number since before the 4am update this morning. Still not seeing any of those points here. What's the deal?

Stanford is posting them, why isn't [H]ard|OCP grabbing them? :confused:

Perhaps something with moving stats servers (a guess) has broken stats pages that gather from stanford.

Stanford: 469xxx
Hardfolding: 455xxx
EOC:455xxx

I'm not gonna check every stats page but whatever is affecting hardfolding might be affecting the EOC stats page as well.......

I read that EOC wasn't updating because their IP was blocked by Stanford, does the same apply to the HardFolding stats? Seems that fahstats.com are running as normal.

Yes that was the issue, for some reason the IP was inadvertently blocked (Forbidden 403) on stanford's end.

I just got another reply from Vijay, he states that the issue should be solved. So with any luck the stats will start updating again upon next run.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Problem seems to be remedied, stats are once again updating.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Looks like I spoke too soon, another dead update.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Yup, looks like it's messed up again, F@H site keeps getting updated though.

Stats are still stuck. At least I got 1545 for the day. But missing ~800. Would've been a huge day for me.

I was looking forward to seeing some stats, I just activated a bunch of boxes and am back from a year long 2-cpu-only folding hiatus. Got to see who I can overtake in the standings :D

apparently the stats have posted again, but surely there is something missing. I am short ~4k pts.

Ok I've done a little research,

It seems that stanford updated it's 3rd party stats just 1 time yesterday(7am PST), this was the bulk stats we got at 4pm yesterday when the [H] servers were unblocked, however there were no other updates to the 3rd party stream for the rest of the day.

Same thing happened today, stanford updated their stats at 7am pst, but there hasn't been any updates since.

Even stranger is the fact that stanford is starting their 6am stats run at 7am PST.

Anyway right now it seems that the F@H forums are down so there's no way to pass the info on until they return.

Please understand that I'm doing everything in my power at this point, stanford is updating their site with stats but they are only updating their 3rd party feed 1 time a day. Also mining the stats from the stanford site itself is forbidden so that is a no-go.

When the F@H forums return I will once again try to contact Vijay and see what can be done to fix this problem.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Please understand that I'm doing everything in my power at this point, stanford is updating their site with stats but they are only updating their 3rd party feed 1 time a day. Also mining the stats from the stanford site itself is forbidden so that is a no-go.

I dunno King_N... until I hear you stuck BillR's old butt on a plane to go whoop some CA butt on this I don't think you've done everything in your power...

:D

F@H forums returned, message to Vijay sent.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Another update from Vijay,

It appears they are working on optimizing the stats over at stanford, thus the files *may* have been set to only update 1 time a day, he said he will look into it.

Lurker Extraordinaire

I dunno King_N... until I hear you stuck BillR's old butt on a plane to go whoop some CA butt on this I don't think you've done everything in your power...:D

The last thing King needs is someone to take over for him when it comes to battles with Stanford. He is quite capable of making his own points although he tends to be a bit terse from time to time and frankly, I have no problem with that when you think about all the crap he takes from a certain contingent in this forum.

Besides, I’ve been to CA and can’t wait to never go back.

V.J. and I have gone head to head in the community forums more then once and I doubt that would have a positive effect on our conversations. I might add I have no status as a representative of the [H] in any form. We already have a couple of those, talk to them and judge the possible effectiveness of their conversation with the powers that be. (I know, that was a terse King like statement, just so you get the point)

I have repeatedly said over and over adnausium, why is it that we the folders, especially many of us self sustaining types have better gear then the people doing the research?

Why is it Stanford looks upon us as an endless resource that they are in fact entitled too?

Why is it that certain Admins and Mods at the Community forum take pleasure in having a direct bearing on the points system because people spoke out about how they felt and their punishment was simply, lower points? (A typical Leftist reaction) We have freedom of speech, until we speak.

Sorry for the rant like response, but I wanted to make it plain and clear why I would be a really bad choice for your proposed assignment.;)

Rant this, rant that...I just wanna see my stats posted 'cause Talonz passed me a few days ago, and I can't have that. I increased my PPD and so help me, I'm not gonna stop until AtomicMoose is reading the taillights on my folding tag!

;)

Rant this, rant that...I just wanna see my stats posted 'cause Talonz passed me a few days ago, and I can't have that. I increased my PPD and so help me, I'm not gonna stop until AtomicMoose is reading the taillights on my folding tag!

;)

haha I like that! Hope the stats are up soon!

Looks like a little came out of the effort so far, the team stats are now updating every 3 hours, however the same can't be said about the members.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Well...two updates in a row now that the system failed to update my points. Did the system crap out again?

Not sure what you mean, everything appears to be running.

The current update shows you updated.

Time/Date Points Results
10pm,03-28 1,760 1
7pm,03-28 0 0
4pm,03-28 186 1
1pm,03-28 186 1
10am,03-28 0 0
7am,03-28 302 1
4am,03-28 1,523 1
1am,03-28 287 1

Lurker Extraordinaire

Yeah I see that now. On stanford, I was showing 100,008 pts at 9:30pm central time...now it is still an update behind, I'm at 101,531 there, and have been for over an hour.

Oh I see the problem now.

Stanford updates their site often, however they only update the 3rd party stats feed every 3 hours. There is nothing I can do about this problem as Vijay has stated mining their site itself for the stats is forbidden and will result in banning.

All 3rd party sites must rely on their 3rd party feeds and we can only process the data stanford produces in those feeds. Currently the stats feed and the site match.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Back