No SP1 for Vista

RockSolid

Weaksauce
I was told sp1 will come out today the 18th but were is it?:mad:

It's not in the MS downloads website and my vista is up todate

There wasn't an official announcement that it would be released today. Futhermore, it is only 5:18 AM in the time zone that matters for these releases.

and we're still waiting
waiting on the world to change
we keep on waiting waiting on the world to change

Patience, my children...:D

But then again, I already have it, so I dont have too wait. :D

it's 1:50pm in UK time and still no sp1 but here in China it's 9:55pm no change to the download.

Waitwaitwaitwait, I am starting to regret install vista now.

Microsoft works off Pacific time not China time. Have some freaking patience. OHNOIHAVENOSERVICEPACK....You still have a rock-solid OS without it.

I'm not even running Vista on my machine, but man I can not wait for SP1 to release, so we see a huge decline in these "Where's SP1" threads. Then again, I'm sure there will be an onslaught of threads entitled "I just downloaded SP1 and it didn't fix [BLANK]." :D

Have some freaking patience.
Seriously, what is the big deal? SP1 isn't this magic bullet. The OS worked very well before it, and works very well after it. Also, as it has been sound over and over and over....Microsoft goes on Pacific Time, and once again, there was no official announcement that today was the day. The 19th was the official release date...and on top of that, don't be surprised if it is metered out as it was during the "leaked" times.

I am starting to regret install vista now.
I seriously hope you're just joking.......

Like already said, SP1 isn't a magical fix. SPs have fixed lots of other Windows releases- but Vista, uniquely, has not had any of the stability or other problems its predecessors did.
It fixes some minor issues like transfer speeds and whatnot, nothing major (like system stability).

Well I'm two hours into wednesday so if it does come not really a tuesday update for me :p
(Aussie)

Seriously, what is the big deal? SP1 isn't this magic bullet. The OS worked very well before it, and works very well after it.

I don't get it either.. since when did SP1 turn Vista from an awful piece of junk into a shining example of goodness? It's just a bundle of bug fixes, the great majority of which were distributed previously. There are a couple of other improvements, and a couple of negatives where MS has weakened features because other companies complained. Overall I'm not desperate for it in any way, and I won't be one of the first to install it.

And you're right, it will almost certainly be distributed gradually - Microsoft do not want millions of people trying to download SP1 simultaneously.

I remember reading and hearing a lot of "I'll wait until SP1 before I get Vista," so maybe that's why people are so anxious... though it seems a lot of people, waiting for Vista on here, have already had it installed.

I remember reading and hearing a lot of "I'll wait until SP1 before I get Vista," so maybe that's why people are so anxious...

Exactly.

Which is stupid. Vista was a great OS when it launched. SP1 is a roll-up with some minor fixes.

People have always complained that Microsoft OS's were insecure and unstable. Then Microsoft produces thier most secure and stable OS's ever and people complain about something else. :rolleyes:

I remember reading and hearing a lot of "I'll wait until SP1 before I get Vista," so maybe that's why people are so anxious... though it seems a lot of people, waiting for Vista on here, have already had it installed.

Because historically, waiting for SP1 was the SOP for using Windows.

Those SP1 minor fixes are pretty major when they fix problems you have.

If you're running vista without any issues, then you don't see the flaws in the OS. For me, SP1 fixed problems I was having in a couple games, issues with my audio card, and of course, helped with file transfers.

So, for me, SP1 was bigger than it appeared for most people. It meant the difference between my applications working in Vista or going back to XP.

And don't think that SP1 is just a rollup of all the previous hotfixes. There's plenty of code in there you can only get by installing the service pack.

Some of you may not see sp1 depending on your hardware. Microsoft has stated certain hardware has issues with sp1 and the service pack may be delayed until mid- april for those folks. They won't admit what hardware is causing issues.

@athlon1.2 and @fuelvolts

Thank You both for the links I am now download it from the MS website 435mb

About time MS release it.

Back