• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

No sound?

maximo

n00b
Joined
Nov 14, 2003
Messages
31
I opened Winamp to listen to so music while I was going to be online but it seems as though I have no sound. I checked device manager and everything is in order, all volumes are up, speakers work...whats going on???
 
Without mentioning any system components, it's a bit difficult to help.

If all system settings appear are OK and drivers are OK and wiring is OK, check for a mismatch of speakers type. For example, some sound systems/cards won't produce sound if speakers are declared as 2.1 - but they are actually 5.1. Or vice versa.

Also check BIOS for sound enabled/disabled setting.

Hope this helps!
 
It's an Audigy soundcard and some noname 5.1 surround sound speakers. Everything has been fine, no problem until today. I havent changed anything or done anything differently, I just wanted to listen to some music today like I do everyday and I have no sound. Like I said Device Man. says eveything is fine, I havent updated anything, or changed anything, I used it last night and everthing was fine???
 
Back
Top