No Sound

Martygi

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 14, 2003
Messages
82
I'm up for suggestions. I have a ASUS A7N8X dx and I use the built in sound. Well it simply stopped working. I don't when it stopped since I haven't used the computer for games in a bit. I checked the speaker and they work (and are all plugged in) and I reloaded the drivers. No conflicts in hardware manager. Just no sound. I've tried playing games and CDs and nothin.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
 
in the sound options make sure digital output only is not checked, also make sure all the volume controls are up and not low or off.

check the connections on your sub is you have one.

run DXDiag and do a sound test
 
Thanks for suggesting DXdiag. The sound tests worked so....I started hitting all the volume controls in the media player and that was the problem. I thought the little speaker icon was a simple visual clue that the volume could be adjusted with the slider. I hit the icon and "tada" sound. Now I know it's also a mute switch.
Thanks again
 
Back
Top