• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

No sound while watching tv

gangolfus

Gawd
Joined
Aug 8, 2005
Messages
924
I recently built a new computer, and for whatever reason I am not able to hear audio while watching tv with my tv tuner card. The video seems to work just fine, but no audio. Does anyone have any ideas? I googled for a few hours last night trying all sorts of things including making sure I have the latest drivers for both. The problem is not software because I tried not only win2000 which came with the card, but I also downloaded SageTV, BeyondTV, and GB-PVR and they all have the same problem. In certain program when the tv starts, I can hear a pop like the sound is trying to start, and also when you raise and lower the volume you can hear crackling. Please let me know if you need any additional info.

My setup:
asus a8n-e mobo w/realtek alc850 soundcard
Hauppauge 150
winXP

Thanks in advance.
 
I think a famous quote applies here:

"When all else fails, read the instructions."

*Some* TV tuners require an additional cable to be connected to your sound card in your computer. Read the instructions to see if your card is one of these.

~Hope this helps
 
After looking at the PVR 150, it looks like you do not have to connect the audio cable.

So fool around with the audio settings in Win2000. Also make sure you don't have the volume muted (Ctrl + M in win2000).

~Keep us posted, and good luck
 
I know this card does not need an additional cable. It came out of my old rig where it was working perfectly. No the sound is not muted. I am having the exact same problem in 4 different programs which leads me to believe it is a hardware/driver problem and not likely an application problem, so no matter how many software changes i make it is not likely to fix my problem.

Thanks for your suggestions and any others are greatly appreciated!
 
Back
Top