No sound when encoding AVIs

Panda Man

Limp Gawd
Hello all, I have an issue with SUPER. I have a 2GB AVI file that I'd like to compress so I can youtube it. To do this, I'm using SUPER. Back when I had winXP, SUPER worked great for everything I used it for. However on Vista when I try to encode it as an AVI file, I have no sound, and when I try to encode it as an MPG, it just hangs. I've tried lowering the bitrate, sample frequencies, changing audio codecs, but nothing seems to work. I've tried an older version of SUPER. To make sure this wasn't a vista issue, I tried running windows XP in VMware with the same apps installed as my old XP install (I think, it's been a long time since I've had XP installed). I have the K-Lite codec package installed, VLC media player, and Winamp. I used to have DivX player and the community codec pack installed. Does anyone know anything else I could try to rectify this issue? Thanks for reading!

EDIT - Oh yeah, I used vlite to strip Vista of it's useless features. I don't think I removed anything that would cause this, but I could be wrong.

EDIT2 - Just out of curiosity, I tried re-encoded one of my MP3s, and it worked perfectly.

Back