• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

No Sound?!? Plz help!

se1zure

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 14, 2006
Messages
80
I finally got my new rig all set up, and everything is working flawlessly... except I can';t get any sound. I have tryed the sound port on the back, and the extra one on the front which came with the case.

Can anyone help me here?

I am using an asus p5w dh deluxe, and a cooler master centurion 5 case. Windows xp home
 
I assume you are using onboard sound?

Sorry for stating the obvious, but

1) is the onboard audio enabled in BIOS?

2) did you install drivers for it? (check thru device manager)

3) is sound muted in windows? (control panel -> sounds and audio devices)

To make sure it's a hardware issue, you can download a Linux live CD (e.g. Knoppix), boot it and see if there is any sound. Knoppix should be compatible with all onboard soundchips, so if you get sound there, the problem is windows/settings/drivers related, if not--it's prob. hardware.
 
Back
Top