no sound..(mic)

I have no sound one my p/c when using my microphone.I am sure it is hooked up right and sure that the mic is good as i checked it on another p/c.I ran the auido wizard and even tried the operating system help....but to no avail. I cant seem to get even the slightest response and was wondering if it could be a bad file or missing file.should I unistall the video card and reinstall it??? this just started happening and I would like to know how to fix it.Thanks in advance..

Is it muted in the windows volume control?

If I had a nickel for everytime i've done this....

thanks for the reply.but i checked this and found it wasnt i just failed to put it in the post...thanks again

Look in the device manager and make sure everything is in order. You can try re-installing the sound card (I assume "video card" was a typo in your original post), but if it says it's enabled and doesn't have problems in the device manager this probably isn't suitable. Maybe update the driver? What kind of sound card?

And you're sure it's hooked up right. It's enabled. The Mic sound control isn't muted in the Windows volume control panel. Have you been testing it with Rodger Wilco or Teamspeak or something? Maybe go through those settings and options in case it's muted somewhere in there.

I'm not very much help, wish I could do more man but I dunno.

Back