• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

no sound from newly built computer

espn2829

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 23, 2005
Messages
167
I installed the latest nvidia nforce drivers but I hear no sound at all. any suggestions?
 
double check that you have the speakers plugged in the right ports. the NF4 has what 6 different audio ports on the back.Did u have sound before the driver upgrade?
 
RHollister said:
double check that you have the speakers plugged in the right ports. the NF4 has what 6 different audio ports on the back.Did u have sound before the driver upgrade?
I did not check the sound before the drivers, but I believe I didnt. I only can hear sound when playing games but not when watching a online google movie or whatever.

there were two audio cables from the speakers, one greenish yellow and the other black. i plugged them into the appropriate ports

thanks for your help :)

correction: I do hear audio from windows media player as well
 
guys, where do I install my sound drivers? it seems like I can only get sound from windows media player, games and some other stuff. however, i cant get sound from online movies and I cant seem to hear anything from AOL. also i cannot hear any windows sounds

also ... the codecs? where do I get them?

it is really strange. thanks
 
You don't install them anywhere special...just where it automatically tells you they are going during the setup process. As far as codecs, it depends on what codec the audio was made with. Do a search on which codecs the movies you can't hear are being made with and you can do another search and download them. It's been a while since I've used anything like this, but I remember there was a program that would tell you which video/audio codecs where used when you gave it a file to analyze, and it would also tell you which media players had that codec pack as a standard. Maybe somebody here can tell you which program that is. I'll try to remember.


Edit:

Well, this isn't the one I used to use, but it looks like it does the same thing and it's free.

http://www.homecomputermagazine.com/news/item-179.html
 
thank you

I will try what you said and will also try connecting some of the cables in my computer. i havent connected most of the case cables as i was exhausted from building my computer. i will connect them tomorrow and see

:D
 
What color is the connector you're plugging into? It sounds like you're plugging into the rears or center or something
 
Back
Top