No SLI support so far in unreal engine 3?

z3r0-

[H]ard|Gawd
Well both bioshock and MOH:A demo I get the same FPS with SLI on or off in vista. Forcing render modes in bioshock does nothing while forcing them in MOH:A demo kills performance. What's the deal? Also, forcing AA/AF in the nvidia drivers does nothing for either game. What's the issue with the engine?

I feel sorry for you. But this is exactly why I hate SLi and will never ever use it. Wouldn't it be great if you could just pop in a second card. drivers would recognise it and run the automatically in SLi and it would work in every game all the time just like single card setups. But as long as it aint so, I'm staying clear of it.

Anyway, I can't help you :(

Add me to the list of 'Cant help ya'.

My last two PC's had SLI motherboards. My current one.. didnt bother. What a worthless technology. Costs a fortune and doesnt deliver the % speed improvement for the equivalent %$ outlay. Technical problems at launch... although since somewhat resolved only for Vista to come along and we start all over again.

Simply buy the top end single GPU solution, and trade it/ebay it when you wanna upgrade.

I would be gutted if I had bought 2 8800GTX's and got a framerate in 'some' games which was less than one 8800GTX.

I was hoping to get replies from others running SLI, not those who can not afford/justify it, thanks.

Havent people learned anything from the Voodoo days? sure dual cards are nice, but for the general consumer there not that practical.

Havent people learned anything from the Voodoo days? sure dual cards are nice, but for the general consumer there not that practical.

Haven't people learned anything from the grade school english class days? Sure reading is hard for some people, but if you don't pride your self in looking retarded it's pretty practical.

2x 7800 gtx's works great for me. 1680x1050 on my 24" widescreen is nice and smooth, was pretty good with just one card but better with two. Everything seems to be cranked up. I could try a higher rez but I'm not at home and into gaming much right now.

SLI works great, nHancer works great if you have a game that has no profile in the driver.
http://www.nhancer.com/

Interesting... Are you running XP bbertram? It seems SLI doesn't work in vista with the beta drivers.

That sucks. I'm running a single 8800GTX at 1920X1080 and while Bioshock runs pretty well, it's far from perfect. I was actually hoping that those who had an SLI set-up might be pulling 60FPS at all times.
Like others have mentioned, it's why I stay away from SLI. It never quite works like it likely should, and there's always a single card in the wings that'll beat the pants off of it.

That sucks. I'm running a single 8800GTX at 1920X1080 and while Bioshock runs pretty well, it's far from perfect. I was actually hoping that those who had an SLI set-up might be pulling 60FPS at all times.
Like others have mentioned, it's why I stay away from SLI. It never quite works like it likely should, and there's always a single card in the wings that'll beat the pants off of it.

I run 1920 by 1200 on an E6600 @ 3.2 and a stock GTX, I am getting awesome frame rates, rarely do I see it dip below 40fps, it runs 60fps most of the time.

Did you download the Beta drivers?

Yup. Maybe I'm just too used to games like Far Cry and FEAR that never have any drops below 60fps, but I notice a few hiccup points. Are you playing with vsync on? That can make a big difference. I always do just because I hate screen tearing.

Yup. Maybe I'm just too used to games like Far Cry and FEAR that never have any drops below 60fps, but I notice a few hiccup points. Are you playing with vsync on? That can make a big difference. I always do just because I hate screen tearing.

Yea I play with Vsync. We are probably getting the same performance, just our frame of reference is different. I did not think a single GTX would play this game well at 1920x1200 and it really does. While it sounds like you want it locked at 60fps. I am happy if a game never dips below 30fps.

I have also played it on my DLP using a X1900XT and can only play it acceptably at 720P resolution on it.

This was also an issue with Roboblitz, R6:V, etc. (UE3 games). I know people got it working in R6:V and I'm assuming Roboblitz too, however, it'll take some tweaking/testing.

SLI has worked great up until this point. I've owned it 3 times and every time it's been great. UE3 games aren't playing well with it though :( Considering selling my second card.

I have GTX n SLI and I get 60fps+ all the time but it did dip into like 52 at one part...haha

(1920x1200)

I don't know what happened, but I went into device manager and manually uninstalled my video card drivers for the 7950gx2. Afterwards, I installed the beta 163.44 drivers and rebooted the machine.

When I loaded Steam and Bioshock just now, BIoshock somehow prompted me to install some directx9 components and afterwards, I was able to get ~40fps on average at 1680x1050 as opposed to the ~17fps i was getting before.

So anyways, just a possible fix people may want to try. I'm still unpleased with the performance but at least it's playable now.

I don't know what happened, but I went into device manager and manually uninstalled my video card drivers for the 7950gx2. Afterwards, I installed the beta 163.44 drivers and rebooted the machine.

When I loaded Steam and Bioshock just now, BIoshock somehow prompted me to install some directx9 components and afterwards, I was able to get ~40fps on average at 1680x1050 as opposed to the ~17fps i was getting before.

So anyways, just a possible fix people may want to try. I'm still unpleased with the performance but at least it's playable now.

Already running those drivers :(

Tried MOH:A demo under XP with older drivers and SLI enabled, same FPS as SLI on OR off in vista. Looks like I'm ditching the second card.

I'm sure UE3 games will get SLI soon, isn't Bioshock the first UE3 game to hit the PC?

Already running those drivers :(

Tried MOH:A demo under XP with older drivers and SLI enabled, same FPS as SLI on OR off in vista. Looks like I'm ditching the second card.

it's not the drivers, bro. you've gotta uninstall. i, too, was using the beta drivers and getting 17 fps. but you HAVE to uninstall via device manager and then REINSTALL the beta drivers and u will get what i got.

it's not the drivers, bro. you've gotta uninstall. i, too, was using the beta drivers and getting 17 fps. but you HAVE to uninstall via device manager and then REINSTALL the beta drivers and u will get what i got.

Interesting... I'll give that a shot. thanks.

Is there not a problem that was "fixed" by downloading a MS patch on vista regarding SLI?

Suprising that theres no crossfire or sli support in any ue3 game yet, i read an interview a while back and they said hey had tested sli but not crossfire.

GH: Can player speed up performance remarkably by buying a second card for a SLI- or Crossfire system? Have you already measured/experienced differences between those two systems?

Tim Sweeney: We test on SLI configurations on a regular basis. There impact at higher resolutions is significant so if you want to experience the full beauty at high resolutions this is a great way to preserve performance while doing so. We haven't had a chance to run on Crossfire yet, but would expect similar results.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/?article_id=602522

I just finished the bioshock demo with SLI 7800GT setup (specs in sig) with the newest beta drivers in XP 32bit, it ran hella good, avg 40ish FPS lows around 33FPS, highs around 55FPS. Pretty sweet demo, best i've played in awhile. Also even my SLI indicator showed it was working well in the game!

Settings 1280x1024 on 21" CRT monitor, all settings on and high details except DX10 (duh)

I'm glad i choose to wait some more and go with a 2nd 7800GT (almost bought a 8800GTS 640mb) since i'm not going to upgrade to vista for atleast another few months to maybe a year so they have a good release of DX10 titles and the SP1 out.

yeah, 7950GX2 runs bioshock like utter crap. i dunno what to do. :confused:

mine ran like crap too, took some work to fix it.

high def shaders must be off for me,or it wont load.

I completely removed all nvidia drivers, did a driverclean pass, rebooted, then installed the latest betas. works pretty good now.

Tried the uninstall and reinstall trick that worked for the guy with the 7950 but no go. I saw a review where SLI has a SLIGHT boost but GTX > 2 GTS and ultra > 2 GTX. What a crap engine. I'll be selling my second card and waiting for G92.

No. I believe one of the first UE3 games were RoboBlitz or Rainbow Six: Vegas, and Vanguard: Saga of Heroes is on UE3 too.

SLI 8800gts works in R:6 vegas, though the results aren't as spectacular.

Haven't tried it in Bioshock since I won't be buying that for PC.

Tried the uninstall and reinstall trick that worked for the guy with the 7950 but no go. I saw a review where SLI has a SLIGHT boost but GTX > 2 GTS and ultra > 2 GTX. What a crap engine. I'll be selling my second card and waiting for G92.

The problem with SLI is that performance is a complete crapshoot from game to game. I've had great results at times, and other times it runs slower then a single card.

Back