No!! Silverstone Strider 600w dead?

roper512

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 27, 2005
Messages
208
Hey all, I made a thread on hardocp a week or so ago about a problem I was having with my setup..

I have Asus A8N-SLI Premium and latest BIOS, I have 2 512 meg 7800GTX's (evga) and I _HAD_ an Antec 550w TruePower 2...

I bought a Silverstone Strider 600w PSU because of a recommendation from a user who had the same setup I had...

At first, the PSU worked fine for a couple of hours in games that normally shut down the system in 5 minutes..

Unfortunately this morning after a couple hours of World of Warcraft (which actualy never shut down my system) the PSU shut down.. It made clicking noises for about 2 minutes after shutting down..

It now doesn't power back on.. The Antec would at least power back on..


:( :( :(
 
I have a Silverstone Strider series in one if my boxes.......No problems with it though....Yours might just be a fluke
 
hmmm yeah.. i just find it weird that my "inferior" antec 550watt will always power on again, whereas the silverstone turned off once and crapped out and wont start again..

I also find it weird that the silverstone was playing games that i could only play on my antec for 5 minutes for a good amount of time, yet turned off while playing world of warcraft (a game i could play nonstop on my antec)... TOO CONFUSING!!!

hopefully it was just a dud, i dont want to haev to RMA another one =/
 
roper512 said:
hmmm yeah.. i just find it weird that my "inferior" antec 550watt will always power on again, whereas the silverstone turned off once and crapped out and wont start again..
Ya.. You never get 100% manufacturing efficiency. Even if you did, there are numerous points in which it can be damaged between the factory, reseller/retailer, and your computer.
 
Back
Top