no signal I need help

Bman123

Supreme [H]ardness
This has been going on since I got the pc up and running last week and I am hoping to solve this damn problem soon since it is really driving me crazy.

If my pc is off and I turn it on with my monitor I get a black screen and the no signal message.If my pc is off and I hook it up to my tv then turn it on it works fine,I can then plug it into my monitor and it works great.

I have it dvi from the 9800gtx to my monitor which is vga thru a dvi to vga adapter.
I just want to be able to turn my pc on with it hooked up to my monitor and have it work fine.

It is my rig in my sig by the way.I dont know what to do at this point and it is making me a little mad.I called geek swaud just to see what they thought and they said the monitor is going bad hence it not recieving the signal from the video card and I need to buy a new monitor.

My video card works fine I have been playing cod waw with it and have had no problems at all.If anyone can please chime in and help me I will be very grateful since this is pushing me to my limit of patience.

Well I went out and bought a dvi d cable today and still the same thing.So $30 down the drain for the cable.I dont know what to do.

My video card works I play cod waw on it I just cannot get the monitor to take the damn signal whenever I turn the pc on.I have tried the dvi cable in both slots on the video card.

Can someone please help me out here I am in desperate need.

My old pc worked fine on this monitor when I had it hooked up vga to vga.Maybe there is something in the monitor settings I am missing.
It is a fpd1775w monitor.

I plan on buying a new monitor next month and dont want to go thru the same problem that I am having now

If someone can please help me get my rig running the way it should I will send you $10 for the help

No need for cash here :)

I note that your monitor has DVI and VGA inputs.
Can you clarify that you have tried both and not just VGA?

Check that the monitor is configured to use the VGA or DVI input by default (whichever you are using).
It should detect if nothing is on the other input but just in case there is a glitch when it powers up.

Another possibility is to do with HDCP handshaking if the display is strict about it, but this wouldnt impact the VGA input, only DVI.
It could be that the handshake fails when you power the PC up (resulting in no display) but is fine when you plug the monitor in once the PC has had a display working.
If so, this is likely unresolvable and you will have to use the VGA input not DVI.
Its worth checking if there was a BIOS update for the gfx card for a similar issue.

Maybe a combination of the above different faults is causing no display on boot, no matter which connector is used.

It does this when I use both connections
I use the dvi to vga adapter,also with the dvi to dvi cable I have.I am gonna get a new monitor next month and if it happens then I know it isn;t my monitor.

I thought it would be better to just spend $30 and get the dvi to dvi cable and keep my current monitor but this is still happening.I called a few pc shops around me and no-one knows what the hell is going on.I just want to be able to have my pc plugged into my monitor,be able to turn it on and start doing what I need to do.

Plugging it into the tv then into the monitor is a big PITA.The ole lady wont turn it on since she knows what she has to do and she is scared of messing something up.SO when I get home from work she gets on the pc and is on here for a long time since she couldn't do it while i was at work.

Back