• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

No record of work unit??

PhantomLimb

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 26, 2001
Messages
455
Here's an interesting one...Two of my machines have units in the queue waiting to send. I check the log on one and here's what I found (Other one is the same.)
[16:39:34] + Processing work unit
[16:39:34] Core required: FahCore_78.exe
[16:39:34] Core found.
[16:39:34] Working on Unit 04 [January 3 16:39:34]
[16:39:34] + Working ...
[16:39:34]
[16:39:34] *------------------------------*
[16:39:34] Folding@Home Gromacs Core
[16:39:34] Version 1.86 (August 28, 2005)
[16:39:34]
[16:39:34] Preparing to commence simulation
[16:39:34] - Looking at optimizations...
[16:39:34] - Files status OK
[16:39:35] - Expanded 280527 -> 1652732 (decompressed 589.1 percent)
[16:39:36]
[16:39:36] Project: 762 (Run 36, Clone 195, Gen 0)
[16:39:36]
[16:39:36] Assembly optimizations on if available.
[16:39:36] Entering M.D.
[16:39:46] (Starting from checkpoint)
[16:39:47] Protein: p762_vln3.3nopbc
[16:39:47]
[16:39:47] Writing local files
[16:39:48] Completed 5000 out of 500000 steps (1)

<Etc.>

[04:44:11] + Attempting to send results
[04:44:16] - Server does not have record of this unit. Will try again later.
[04:44:16] Could not transmit unit 04 to Collection server; keeping in queue.

[04:44:16] - Preparing to get new work unit...
[04:44:16] + Attempting to get work packet
[04:44:16] - Connecting to assignment server
[04:44:17] - Successful: assigned to (171.65.103.152).
[04:44:17] + News From Folding@Home: Welcome to Folding@Home
[04:44:17] Loaded queue successfully.

Both have been trying to send them for hours, but have grabbed new work and chew on them and try to send 'lost' units back every so often.

Should I just wait and let it fix itself, or eject the units from the queue?
 
try using the -sendall flag. That might help. Honestly I am quite :confused: on this one. Could be a result of unit past its deadline?

 
I tried sending the unit but got the same thing, I want to use the delete or sendall as a last resort.

The units were current as shown in the log, got them a day ago small 41 pointers (IIRC).

Here are the offenders, if anyone else runs into them:

Project 762, Run 36, Clone 195, Gen 0
Project 762, Run 36, Clone 61, Gen 0

Hmm...
 
At the moment Stanford has 5 servers either down or rejecting work units. This is usually a temp condition so I'd be paitient and see if they finally go through.

Have you sent other work and had that show up ok?

Lick
 
Just give it a little more time. Sometimes the WU servers are a bit backlogged, and it takes a little longer to get the WU in, but chances are they'll get in on their own eventually.

 
I'll give it time. Not really had any issue with FAH except on one machine (Different story.), but just wanted to check with y'all if I should worry.

Thanks again for the help.
 
i got this on both of my processors last night, but both have successfully sent the WUs by now, so i'd say yours should be fixed. i got nervous for a little while there too.

dualdrop[H]enia
 
When I cannot send work back, I find it helpful to check if that server is up over on the Stanford site.

If it down then you only need to get worried if you doing a WU every 3 hour or so.
Then its possible to do nine new ones before you can upload it and hence loose it.

Luck........ :D

 
Back
Top