No post!

gHeTTo.AzN.PrEp

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 23, 2003
Messages
117
|MB Asus P4P800 | CPU P4/2.4C GHz 800FSB 478PIN/512K | CORSAIR DDRAM 512MB 64MX64PC 3200LLPT | WESTERN DIGITAL 120GB 72,000RPM 8MB CACHE WD1200JB | PLEXTOR CDRW 48X24X48 PX-W4824TA/SW | Asus 9600XT | CHIEFTECH BLUE TOWER | CREATIVE INSPIRE 2.1 2500 3PC | VIEWSONIC 19" CRT P90F | BLACKSILVER | ANTEC TRUE430|

^^^Thats my system specs!

The problem is that even though i have everything aligned and hooked up, I dont get a post or display or anything on my monitor. I removed the battery, reset CMOs, replaced battery, and then powered up but still no post. What was weird was that when I took out the jumper from the CMOs pins I powerd up the machine and it posted then went to bios, so I saved the bios, said yes to the configurations, then it kept restarting because its a new MB and my hard drive still has configurations from the last Soyo MB that I burnt up. So then I power off the machine and repower on the machine, insert Windows XP CD, but then I don't get a post anymore! Tried taking it out the MB from the case and setting it on a non-conductive surface like a phone-book, and kitchen table, then powering it up, still no post! Resetted the CMOs I don't even remember how many times already. I know all my components works because I've tried them all on a different machine. The CPU, the hard drive, the memory, and the graphics card have all been tested and they work for sure! What is weird though, is that the graphics card's fan spins up for about 10 seconds, then it stops spinning. Would that mean my graphics card is dead? Because it worked on a different machine, not sure why it would not work on this MB. If you guys need anymore information or have questions, please reply back because I've already waited 1 week for this MB to arrive and don't want to wait any longer. Thank you all!!!!!
 
I've also tried booting up the machine out of the case, still no post. Would my video card fan spinning up for about 10 secs then turning off mean anything? I've tested this video card and its fine on a different system. Only time I got it to post was once when I took out the CMOs jumper and then booted up the machine just for the hell of it and it worked. But ever since that, still no post even if I take out the CMOs jumper now. I'm a lil stumped on what happened. Anymore help would be appreciated.
 
Sounds like you have the "clear CMOS" jumper on wrong. I have seen this even from the factory.

I would suggest you move the jumper and try booting the machine up... easy, and doesn't cost ya a thing.

PS: I would always suggest that you go for generic (non-tweaked) settings and getting the system stable before ya start messing around or overclocking with the BIOS.

-Skystalker
 
Well just got done testing all my stuff out. CPU works, PSU works, Video Card works, and Memory works in another working computer. So it has to be the motherboard because I had this issue with this motherboard in the first time. 1st time I had it, no post, so I RMAed it, waited 2 weeks, got it back, looks like they repaired it or something because it certainly wasn't a replacement. Tried it out, still no post. I'm dissapointed Asus didn't replace this instead of doing whatever they decided on doing with it. Looks like they just took it out my box and put it in a different box then sent it back to me. I don't know if I was suppose to write them a letter stating I wanted a replacement or not because i thought they would know. This MB still has a 2 more years of warranty left so I'm probably sending it back to them again. 2 more weeks of the slow computer and having to share it with the family. Grrrr! :mad: :mad:

PS. I fixed the CMOs jumper to its default position and still no display. Did exactly what the manual says and still no post. 2nd time RMA should fix the problem I hope.
 
Back
Top