No OS Updates Causes Crash and Freeze Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

appatula

Limp Gawd
Hey
I have a MSI Neo 2 Platinum, BFG 6800GT, 3000+ 939 winchester core, OCZ 3200 Rev 2 Platinum ect...ect....anyhow a while back when building my rig I ran out of money for a Legal or Legit Operating System so I just installed Win XP Pro with a illegal CD Key. I didnt realise I couldent install updates and such as microsoft prompts me and denys my requests saying i have a illegal CD Key(as you all know). As time passed the computers state began to degrade and eventually crash on a regular basis just from browsing the internet, the windows would freeze and I would have to Ctrl+Alt+Del End Task to get rid of them. Even games are freezing now, could this be caused from not being current from the updates?( I have absolutley no updates just a install of XP Pro) or could it deffidently be the reason? Other than the OS updates, everything else is current and installed properly. Also my freind just bought Win XP pro for his rig ($299.99 from Comp USA!!!!!) and I was wondering if I could use his CD Key on my comp to get updates, or does each CD Key work one time only on one machine? thanks so much!!
-Appatula

Do you really need pro? Most people don't, just think they do.. You can buy a key direct from ms for home upgrade for $84.. If you have a freind/relative that already has a copy.. Likewise with pro but it costs alot more..

http://www.microsoft.com/products/i...9d2c448-eb05-4a2b-a062-9c711c533e0c&type=ovr#

Useing his key would likely work.. At least for a time.... However, you could get his key blacklisted by ms, which would leave him screwed out of $299.. He way overpaid for it by the way.. Plz.. just buy a license..

Yeah man dont worry I rather pay the $89 for a legal OS that gets updates but only if it gets rid of the problems im having. Do you think that the pirated OS i have with no updates is causing the freezing and unstability?
-Appatula

Could be, or it could be something else.. Only way to tell is to get a legit key and reinstall and get updated..

Go buy a legit license from someplace like Newegg or ZipZoomFly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back