No multimeter, but....

superkdogg

Gawd
Joined
Oct 14, 2004
Messages
743
I want to volt mod my x800GTO2 that will be flashed tonight to x850xt. Riva tuner and ATI tool say that all 16 pipes are already working, but I haven't benched it yet and my intent all along was to flash it.

I have a couple questions: Would you guys bother with the flash if benches confirm that all 16 pipes are already active? Is there an advantage to the flash besides pipe unlock (like the 9800 Pro-XT flash which changed some registers I believe and allowed a faster clock-for-clock speed)?

Secondly, the card does 540/580 pretty easily with a ATI Silencer 4 on it. The core never went over 56 last night when I was doing some initial tests (I forced fan @ 100% in RivaTuner). Yes, that temp was with the overclock. So, to me that means a LOT of temp headroom and probably a vGPU mod. The catch is that I have no multimeter. Is there a software that accurately measures vGPU for this card? If not, what are the chances that I would blow it up by shading the correct resistor a couple times and just watching the temp to make sure that I don't go too crazy? If I'm careful and don't gob a ton of graphite on there at once can you do a vmod with reasonable safety without :eek: from nowhere?

I'm also sure that the memory has more speed too. I did a quick and dirty rebuild of my system last night and had zero case fans going. Side was open of course, but with no circulation, the memory was pretty warm comparitively speaking.
 
Back
Top