No more white finish monitors?

skyform

n00b
Is there anyone like me that is really angry that no company wants to make a good monitor with white matt or white glossy finish. Why all this black, yeah, yeah i know it's classic but im really sick of it, it's boring. Why can't even one company make a white alternative to the black model, it's just a freaking paint job, they won't bankrupt because of this.

The only good monitor with a true glossy white finish was Samsung SyncMaster F2380MX but is sadly not on sale anymore, i want a LED backlight anyway. I don't want some cheap crap TN monitors, i want a white glossy IPS, PLS or VA, for example a white Samsung S27B970, ASUS PB278Q or the new Dell S series.

Im still using my old 4:3 1280x1024 Samsung SyncMaster 971p because no one can make a decent white finish monitor, just sick! I had the NEC EX231Wp which had a great picture, i would keep it but was sadly buzzing and was not white at all, it was an ugly greenish grey, really weird colour and the stand was way darker then the frame, Fujitsu P23T-6 has exactly the same finish.

Ok some of you if not many will think wtf is with this guy, does such a big deal because of the colour, well im simply a freak for white, my whole room is white with a combination of light grey. My furniture is white, my desk is white with little grey, so is the chair, keyboard and mouse, speakers, monitor, coutch is white, 5.1 system, walls are light grey with white lines in the corners, the celling is white, even the floor is white and now imagine a big 27" black monitor in the middle of this room, just ugly!

I wrote ASUS on Facebook if they could reconsider making the ASUS PB278Q in a white glossy finish and at least i got an answer and they said that they will maybe, just maybe let the design team know about my suggestion. I also contact Dell and they didn't even bother to answer yet, no wonder im just one person, why would they make a white alternative just for me. I wish there would be more people who want a white monitor so bad and that we could all together send messages to all the companys.

For now there is simply nothing for me and the wait goes on and on, searching for a new monitor already for 3 years, im already on the same monitor for more then 7 years.

Last edited:
A screwdriver and a can of white spray paint? It would be sort of tedious and the finish definitely would not be as good as a factory one, but if you've got no other options just take the monitor apart and spray paint the case.

A screwdriver and a can of white spray paint? It would be sort of tedious and the finish definitely would not be as good as a factory one, but if you've got no other options just take the monitor apart and spray paint the case.

Yeah i already thought about this but i would lose the warranty and as you said it wouldn't look as good as factory done, especially on a monitor with edge to edge glass.

I find white tablets and phones distracting so I imagine it's the same for monitors (can't say I've used one though). They would be even more distracting as part of an Eyefinity/Surround setup.

I can't stand white appliances, devices, monitors, or virtually anything electronic. White is not only impractical but looks retarded. A few weeks after they get pulled out of the box white Apple keyboards look like shit. At least that was my experience when we'd deploy new Apple machines where I used to work.

I can't stand white appliances, devices, monitors, or virtually anything electronic. White is not only impractical but looks retarded. A few weeks after they get pulled out of the box white Apple keyboards look like shit. At least that was my experience when we'd deploy new Apple machines where I used to work.

Sound like lack of cleaning, my apple keyboard still looks like new. With white stuff you at least know when to clean it and cleaning more often is never bad, as i said my complete room is white and it looks clean almost always.

Even if most people prefer black it's still doesn't mean that there should't be any white monitors, there are still people like me and this days you can get almost every electronic device in a white colour, so why has this to be different with monitors.

Sound like lack of cleaning, my apple keyboard still looks like new. With white stuff you at least know when to clean it and cleaning more often is never bad, as i said my complete room is white and it looks clean almost always.

Even if most people prefer black it's still doesn't mean that there should't be any white monitors, there are still people like me and this days you can get almost every electronic device in a white colour, so why has this to be different with monitors.

I'm sure I could keep a white keyboard nice. But if others ever used it, it would be much more difficult. Where I used to work, all the white devices would look like crap in well under 3 months. And at that point no amount of cleaning ever seemed to resolve the issue. I'm not a fan of white because I don't like how it looks, but I hate the fact that it needs constant cleaning just to not look like shit.

Nice find, thanks but im not sure if im willing to buy any of this cheap Korean monitors, and it has just a DVI port, I would also prefer to have PLS over IPS. Philips Blade 2 is alongside the black model also available in white, it's e-IPS, it looks ok but it also lacks inputs and is just 1080p. The new Asus PB278Q is simply the best option right now if it only would be in white but at least there is some hope that they might listen to my suggestion, if not i might just paint it white by my self. :p

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
gee, I don't think you'll ever find a perfect monitor.
Bend over, follow the sheeple and buy the LCDs they market to you.

I don't understand why you dislike black housings so much.

Some Korean vendors offer pixel perfect guarantee if you're worried about getting bad pixels. Don't know if there's any for the white ones but I guess you can ask.

Only one manufacturer (Samsung) make PLS screens so I doubt you'll find much colour choice there...

Nice find, thanks but im not sure if im willing to buy any of this cheap Korean monitors, and it has just a DVI port, I would also prefer to have PLS over IPS. Philips Blade 2 is alongside the black model also available in white, it's e-IPS, it looks ok but it also lacks inputs and is just 1080p. The new Asus PB278Q is simply the best option right now if it only would be in white but at least there is some hope that they might listen to my suggestion, if not i might just paint it white by my self. :p

You can purchase these with full inputs HDMI, VGA etc for about $100 more. I dont know why you would care for PLS over IPS but lets just say when you start getting that picky about things, then yes your choices start to reduce to nothing that makes it all happen for you, this is why they stick with black to be conservative. I could come out and say I need a beige monitor because it matches various other office items, then someone else could say silver, neither of these would be as niche as red or blue but still getting specific about color means you cant get specific about alot of other details.

Do White PlastiDip on it. After doing a few coats of it and if you ever need to go back you can. It peels right off. Or do black 3-5 coats, and then paint white over it and it can still be peelable just not as easy. I would just order the Matte White PlastiDip.

The new Dell S series stand is silver. The housing is black but it's really not thick. At least, it's not a bulky black housing...
I think it's the best compromise for you.

Adhesive Vinyl, easy to put on, and easy to remove again with no trace incase you need to rma the monitor.

/edit

The Fujitsu 27" P Line P-27T-6 is white and has tons of inputs.

http://www.slashgear.com/fujitsu-p2...lors-e-b-p-lcd-lines-updated-to-led-15114119/

No thank you, I already mentioned in my post that Fujitsu is not white, it's grey, really ugly.

Nice find, thanks, looks similar to the first TN Eco version.

I found one more which didn't get such a bad rating at PRAD. Philips Blade 2 which is available in glossy black and white and uses an e-ips panel. There will also be a 24" VA model but as it looks for now only in black.

http://www.prad.de/new/monitore/test/2012/test-philips-239c4qhsb.html

Back