No More Man-Eating Snakes, Fake Sharks on the Discovery Channel

I hope they keep gold rush. I actually like the show. Deadliest Catch is starting to hit its tiping point.

Shows like those two are different from the outright fakes that have turned off viewers. Some are overly dramatic,but show real people in real situations. Deadliest Catch lost some of it's appeal for me with the death of Phil Harris. Some of the captains are starting to come off as really unlikable,I think fame has gone to their heads.

About bloody time!

...Not that I have cable anyway, but, still that makes it at least minutely more appealing to lay down insane amounts of money to get a subscription. Not enough to make me subscribe, mind you, but if a dozen other channels did the same? Maybe. Maybe.

Discovery's downfall for me goes all the way back to American Choppers' debut.

honestly, the entire network/cable model is outdated. It's evidently clear that shows should be produced independently of networks and streamed on a per pay basis like pay per view. I'd watch shows like Gold Rush if they weren't on Discovery, but because they are, I just download them and skip the rest of the shit. That's all I do now. I don't even watch network tv anymore.

I hope they keep gold rush. I actually like the show. Deadliest Catch is starting to hit its tiping point.

I hope they keep those two as well, especially Gold Rush.

Like others, since Phil died, the show has been more about drama and plot twists than crab fishing. I could not even finish out watching last season.

Still waiting for History to come back to the History chan...

History should bring back the old "World at War" documentary series. I was filmed in the post WW2 Era while memories were fresh, and it's probably the best / most varied collection of war footage ever assimilated.

I can still remember the intro music, http://youtu.be/XWgwd3NQh5w

Discovery's downfall for me goes all the way back to American Choppers' debut.

Yeah, I really never understood that show. You take widely-available parts (because custom choppers are already a big business before the show ever came on) and assemble them just like legos. You then apply a few custom paint jobs or pretty decorative parts, and somehow it's special enough to build a show out of it?

Is watching 40 minutes of arguing and 2 minutes of actual bike assembly really that entertaining? And is our children learning?

wow, maybe James Cameron is really "Raising the Bar" :D

But seriously, remember when the History Channel actually had shows about history?
Finally some sanity on Discovery, a step in the right direction.

Hope they fix it. My TV viewing is now Mythbusters, Top Gear, Jimmy Fallon and HBO. Fast & Loud got BAAAAD this last season, so it's out.

I just want to know how I can get paid to be one of the Ancient alien theorist they have on these shows.

Clearly you don't have to have a doctorate or any knowledge of actual history to be on that show. They basically altnerate between being misleading and outright lying to the viewer at every turn.

I still find the show strangely entertaining. :confused:

Clearly you don't have to have a doctorate or any knowledge of actual history to be on that show. They basically altnerate between being misleading and outright lying to the viewer at every turn.

I still find the show strangely entertaining. :confused:

30768841.jpg

Back