• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

no more FX5950?

Cryptic

Gawd
Joined
Aug 22, 2004
Messages
836
I wanted to get that card, but it seems as if they are not going to get it in stock again. The reason I wanted that card is because in my opinion and those of a few others, it is a great card. I'm wanting to stay under $400 before shipping for an 8X AGP card, but I dont think newegg is gonna get that card again. So i was wondering what some good cards were, I prefer Nvidia...but ATI will do, and I was wondering if you guys could suggest a few cards that are under $400 and are worth the money. Thanks
 
You can buy a 6800GT for $399 shipped at many places online. newegg is price gouging recently, so you may want to consider buying elsewhere.
 
Last I checked, 5950's were still around the $300 price range. You could get a vanilla 6800 for around $300. Last I saw, BestBuy was running a deal where you could get a BFG 6800 OC bundled with Far Cry and Doom 3 (Instant rebate) for $299.
 
the 6800GT is 2-3X faster than the 5950 ulrta and is about $400.
for about $280 you can get a normal 6800 which is still much faster than a 5950.
 
Question for you Cryptic, if you're looking at the under-$400 range, why did you try to go for the FX5950 and not the plain 'ol 6800?
 
You are so lucky you did not buy that 5950 get a 6800 vanilla or GT and you will be so much happier.
 
andocser said:
Question for you Cryptic, if you're looking at the under-$400 range, why did you try to go for the FX5950 and not the plain 'ol 6800?

Because it was like 380 at new newegg...plus i would rather have Nvidia...but i will also take ATI...but nvidia first...
 
Back
Top