No Mercenaries 2 love?

Fixed the crash by disabling crossfire...

Also, any hacks to increase resolution?

Well...I want to try to show people that it actually can look good on PC

the PC thread is here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1341361&page=3

I had a hell of a time first trying to get it to run but it was worth it...CoOp kicks butt! Its a fun, nonsense kind of game :D

Mercenaries22008-09-0715-46-54-47.jpg

Compare it to how the 360 plays and looks and the PC version is utter shite. And even if it didn't look like shit on the PC the fact remains that almost everything else about it sucks.
It may not look like crap on yours but what resolution are you running? What's your native resolution?

Because it doesn't support native 16:10 resolutions EVERYTHING looks like crap because my monitor is running in a non-native resolution.

Geez, too much hostility!

Yes it is true that a game that cannot support most resolutions most people have is pretty much dumb nowadays. But all I am saying is that it is pretty fun playing CoOp, aaand with a little tweaking it can still look pretty darn good.

People say it looks and plays horrid on 360. People say the same for PC. My opinion is that with the more options and tweaking the PC can take advantage of, I like it a lot more.

Even my 1440x900 native is not supported. But I still wanted to see if I could get it looking good when I discovered it was missing textures upon first installing it. I tried, finally got it playable and with Nhancer I think it looks pretty damn good ;)

I usually hate ports, but this one struck me a little differently...

Geez, too much hostility!

Yes it is true that a game that cannot support most resolutions most people have is pretty much dumb nowadays. But all I am saying is that it is pretty fun playing CoOp, aaand with a little tweaking it can still look pretty darn good.

People say it looks and plays horrid on 360. People say the same for PC. My opinion is that with the more options and tweaking the PC can take advantage of, I like it a lot more.

Even my 1440x900 native is not supported. But I still wanted to see if I could get it looking good when I discovered it was missing textures upon first installing it. I tried, finally got it playable and with Nhancer I think it looks pretty damn good ;)

I usually hate ports, but this one struck me a little differently...

Didn't mean to be hostile, I just expect A LOT more from something that cost me $54. :(

granted, the camera angles kinda suck when driving, but its not that bad... all I want from a video game is to be able to jack around and blow everything up... and that pretty much sums up mercs 2, jack aound and blow everything up. :D

Didn't mean to be hostile, I just expect A LOT more from something that cost me $54. :(

Yea thats the big thing. I pick up a game at full price that is a beta at best. Hell first thing it did was download a patch over xbox live and that still didn't fix it. EA has taken this stance for a while now on PC games(sell complete shit and then fix it months later like battlefield) but it really sucks to see them do it with console games as well.

My opinion...

- VERY buggy, and not just buggy its just not complete....where are my 16:10 resolutions? Why does the "icon"images on top of shit you are supposed to interact with not tell me what key/button to press? Little things like this drive me nuts....especially from a veteran company like Pandemic.

- fun blowing stuff up, but jeez is it repetitive, and not really exciting.

- for the dude above clocking 70 hrs....I dont even get it! I'm at 16% complete and played for about 2 hrs! I was guessing around 10-12 hrs to beat it.

- Its not terrible, but it really needed a little more development time and better production.

Overall I would rate it a 63/100

I beat the game last night. If you do the minimum and go through the missions you can easily beat the game in under 20hr. If you want to get all the vehicles and airstrikes and supply drops I'd say around 50hrs especially if you try to collect all 100 parts, however it isn't worth it imo.

The game definitely is buggy, multiplayer is awful, blowing stuff up gets old, most of the airstrikes are underwhelming, hell, blowing up fuel tanks is more exciting than some of the airstrikes.

Pandemic was picked up by EA during the time they were making this and it shows. I'm renting the first Mercenaries game and playing through again just to compare and reminisce the time before Pandemic joined the dark side.

I beat the game last night. If you do the minimum and go through the missions you can easily beat the game in under 20hr. If you want to get all the vehicles and airstrikes and supply drops I'd say around 50hrs especially if you try to collect all 100 parts, however it isn't worth it imo.

The game definitely is buggy, multiplayer is awful, blowing stuff up gets old, most of the airstrikes are underwhelming, hell, blowing up fuel tanks is more exciting than some of the airstrikes.

Pandemic was picked up by EA during the time they were making this and it shows. I'm renting the first Mercenaries game and playing through again just to compare and reminisce the time before Pandemic joined the dark side.

Good god man, how did you manage to play that for 20 hours??? That's some determination right there. I played for 20 minutes and I was ready to scoop my eyes out with a rusty spoon. I mean, I understand that you payed for it and probably wanted to get your money's worth, but there's a point where you cut your losses. That's like burning $50...then having somebody kick you in the balls for good measure. Sorry...I just really...really hated this game.

Good god man, how did you manage to play that for 20 hours??? That's some determination right there. I played for 20 minutes and I was ready to scoop my eyes out with a rusty spoon. I mean, I understand that you payed for it and probably wanted to get your money's worth, but there's a point where you cut your losses. That's like burning $50...then having somebody kick you in the balls for good measure. Sorry...I just really...really hated this game.

I rent my games from Gamefly. When you first start to play the game things are definitely rough and that will make or break many people that play this game. If you play just long enough to where you can get all your support people before doing anything else then the game starts becoming tolerable.

I've played it on PC, 360, and PS3. IMO the PS3 version plays the best. For some reason on my PC equipped with E6750 @ 3.4GHz, 4GB OCZ reaper and a 4870 I was getting around 15FPS even after disabling motion blur and AA. The 360 version was also good but I noticed a lot more pop-in than on the PS3.

I had this for two days before Stalker arrived. I'm sending it back at 12% complete, because the two o three hours I've played have all felt the same and smell of a big poo.

My opinion...

- VERY buggy, and not just buggy its just not complete....where are my 16:10 resolutions? Why does the "icon"images on top of shit you are supposed to interact with not tell me what key/button to press? Little things like this drive me nuts....especially from a veteran company like Pandemic.

- fun blowing stuff up, but jeez is it repetitive, and not really exciting.

- for the dude above clocking 70 hrs....I dont even get it! I'm at 16% complete and played for about 2 hrs! I was guessing around 10-12 hrs to beat it.

- Its not terrible, but it really needed a little more development time and better production.

Overall I would rate it a 63/100

I did a lot of messing around, plus retry upon retry upon retry of the missions stretched it out.

I've played it on PC, 360, and PS3. IMO the PS3 version plays the best. For some reason on my PC equipped with E6750 @ 3.4GHz, 4GB OCZ reaper and a 4870 I was getting around 15FPS even after disabling motion blur and AA. The 360 version was also good but I noticed a lot more pop-in than on the PS3.

Turn off the water effects and it will go much faster, everything else can be on max. I have the same problem and my system is nearly identical to yours.

Back