No luck with sound.

Same thing happened to me on my first build. I figured the onboard audio was dead and picked up a cheap audigy sound card, then it worked. A month later, the mobo died.
 
Gautama said:
Same thing happened to me on my first build. I figured the onboard audio was dead and picked up a cheap audigy sound card, then it worked. A month later, the mobo died.

Crap. Are you serious? What kind of motherboard was it?
 
Honestly, I've heard many stories of gigabyte mobo's failing, and even more with messed up onboard sound. Although I've also heard gigabyte mobos are really good... Personally I'd never go for one. Asus ftw...
 
saber9505 said:
Honestly, I've heard many stories of gigabyte mobo's failing, and even more with messed up onboard sound. Although I've also heard gigabyte mobos are really good... Personally I'd never go for one. Asus ftw...

Well that doesn't help me with my audio situation haha.
 
The mobo I used a was a DFI UltraII M-2. RMA'd it and now it works fine.
 
I sent a PM with some troubleshooting guidelines.

Also, you may want to google your motherboard name and "audio issues" or something like that to see if there is a fix/workaround.
If all else fails, then RMA.

-HK sends
 
H-K said:
I sent a PM with some troubleshooting guidelines.

Also, you may want to google your motherboard name and "audio issues" or something like that to see if there is a fix/workaround.
If all else fails, then RMA.

-HK sends

replied back to you HK.
 
Back
Top