No love for the Dell 2707?

Dogboy714

Limp Gawd
Doesn't seem like people really talk about it much. Guess that means it's either that good or that bad. I've had a Westy 37" for a week now and am considering downsizing to the 2707 for a little less brightness and a few more pixels. The Westy is nice, no doubt, but for the same money the 2707 might be a better fit for me. Hate the thought of downsizing, though. :rolleyes:

I would love to have the 2707, but it's a bit too expensive for me right now. Having lots of pixels on a small screen is nice, but there reaches a point for different LCD sizes when 1920x1200 is ridiculous.

Many 15" laptops now have WUXGA as at least an option. :eek: Are you kidding me? :rolleyes:

Doesn't seem like people really talk about it much. Guess that means it's either that good or that bad. I've had a Westy 37" for a week now and am considering downsizing to the 2707 for a little less brightness and a few more pixels. The Westy is nice, no doubt, but for the same money the 2707 might be a better fit for me. Hate the thought of downsizing, though. :rolleyes:

I Love my 2707wfp I have to say it's very close to perfect..I had the 32inch Sharp 1080P Aquos and in my opinion the 2707 blows it away.:D
I was able to get Dell to give me mine for 911.00 new:eek:

I Love my 2707wfp I have to say it's very close to perfect..I had the 32inch Sharp 1080P Aquos and in my opinion the 2707 blows it away.:D
I was able to get Dell to give me mine for 911.00 new:eek:

Care to enlighten me as to how? I just dropped about 1100 (including shipping and taxes). I'm pretty sure it'll be worth it on Monday when the package arrives, but I'd love to not be that stereotypical poor-college student.

As for, no love... sure would be nice to see more pictures like the ones on this page: http://www.uwants.com/viewthread.php?tid=3327361&page=1&extra=page%3D1 . It sure makes me drool with anticipation.

I love mine also. Mine needed to be calibrated though out of the box but once that was done it was perfect.

Here are some quick pics I just took (crappy camera). Sorry about the mess just moved and I really need to unpack that stuff

IMG_2292.jpg

IMG_2290.jpg

IMG_2283.jpg

IMG_2279.jpg

IMG_2277.jpg

IMG_2276.jpg

I've seen it get plenty of love here and other places...for me it is more desirable for desktop use than the 3007WFP. The problem is that the pricetag gets it into the territory of 37-42" 1080p lcd-tv's which makes for a tough sell.

Yeah, it's really a mediocre deal compared to the 2407, Westy and even the 30" Dell which I've seen going for under $1000 on eBay (The 2707 is $1019 on Dell's site right now). Expect it to become more popular when the price comes down though.

Also after having the 37" Westy for a week or so now, I really couldn't imagine downsizing to a monitor a "mere" 10" bigger than my 17" notebook screen. Not to mention that with the large array of inputs the Westy has, I can hook up all my consoles, PC and cable box/Tivo at once.

I have 80 days to return my Westy for a full refund ($900), so I really wouldn't want to sell it for less than that. If you lived in the area it might be of interest since it is mint & dead pixel free, but otherwise you would probably be better off ordering one for yourself from Costco.

Care to enlighten me as to how? I just dropped about 1100 (including shipping and taxes). I'm pretty sure it'll be worth it on Monday when the package arrives, but I'd love to not be that stereotypical poor-college student.

As for, no love... sure would be nice to see more pictures like the ones on this page: http://www.uwants.com/viewthread.php?tid=3327361&page=1&extra=page%3D1 . It sure makes me drool with anticipation.

Pricematch with Dell, threaten to send back in the 21 day return period and agree to keep it for 911 dollars:D

Damn, why does it have to have such a sucky base? It looks like a strong sneeze would cause it to tip and fall backward.

i've had my 2707 for a few months now and i'm very happy with it! PS3, 360, and PC all look awesome on it. As far as the base... it's insanely heavy and solid.

Couple of questions.

What connection do you use between the PS3 and the 2707?
Also, some reports are that the xbox 360 doesn't look good on the 2707 but you reckon it looks fine?

Cheers

Couple of questions.

What connection do you use between the PS3 and the 2707?
Also, some reports are that the xbox 360 doesn't look good on the 2707 but you reckon it looks fine?

Cheers

PS3 connected via DVI to HDMI for 1080p Blu-ray sweetness ;)

THats a nice looking monitor but gosh I just bought a 24 inch and cant imagine a 27 on my desk, what kind of graphics card are you using to drive that thing?

If you connect the PS3 via a HDMI to DVI what do you do with the audio element?
Is there a separate audio out on the PS3 you use?

THats a nice looking monitor but gosh I just bought a 24 inch and cant imagine a 27 on my desk, what kind of graphics card are you using to drive that thing?

If your video card will drive a 24" it'll drive a 27" they're the same resolution.
My card is an 8800GTX.

If you connect the PS3 via a HDMI to DVI what do you do with the audio element?
Is there a separate audio out on the PS3 you use?

The PS3 has optical out as well as analogue if you use the cable it came with in addition to the HDMI video/audio out.

Just got this delivered to me the other day. I'm still getting adjusted to the ginormous screen size. It's tempting to return it for the 2407wfp-hc, but the bezel is oh so beautiful.:D

img0600kl3.jpg

img0606qg6.jpg

img0607fh1.jpg

img0628sj1.jpg

img0609qu1.jpg

img0610me5.jpg

img0616sn7.jpg

img0618ck3.jpg

img0625ct3.jpg

Just got this delivered to me the other day. I'm still getting adjusted to the ginormous screen size. It's tempting to return it for the 2407wfp-hc, but the bezel is oh so beautiful.:D

Well a 92% gamut has no increase in fidelity or anything until you get to 10bit or higher color.

Well a 92% gamut has no increase in fidelity or anything until you get to 10bit or higher color.

Sorry, I just want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly. So, you're saying that there won't be any difference between the 24 and 27inch models in terms of higher image quality? Or are you saying 92% only makes a difference when viewing 10bit or greater color (and windows runs in 32bit color? so i shall see the difference)?

Incorrect. The R, G, B primaries are moved further out on the CIE chart allowing the triangle connecting them to cover more area. It has nothing to do with the number of bits used.

The 2707WFP also have 92% color gamut ;) Enjoy your display and thanks for the photos.

Back