No longer available

Welp, i kinda want a set of that 24 GB RAM for shits and giggles...
So I have messed with this ram before and I tried it in my Dell Rx10 servers and it wouldn't post even though in theory it should have worked. I'm tempted to try it again in my HP z600 as it seems to top out at 16GB modules and 24GB modules would boost it from 96GB to 144GB. But it would be a real loss if it again did not work. These were very specific HP modules produced for their blade servers if my memory is right.

So I have messed with this ram before and I tried it in my Dell Rx10 servers and it wouldn't post even though in theory it should have worked. I'm tempted to try it again in my HP z600 as it seems to top out at 16GB modules and 24GB modules would boost it from 96GB to 144GB. But it would be a real loss if it again did not work. These were very specific HP modules produced for their blade servers if my memory is right.
I don't even have any servers, i'd just like to have some because, well, how many times have you seen a DIMM with more than 2 rows of chips that is not meant for IBM servers...
On actual usability, i bet those need proper firmware support, pretty much like the Double Height DIMMs seen on very niche Z390 mobos that don't work on everything, plus the tri-rank config is also really odd.

Back