no lag capture card

acme64

n00b
Joined
Apr 9, 2008
Messages
13
I'm trying to build a system for a video wall and i'd like it to have a video in to display external video sources.
Last time i tried something like this a few years ago the input had about a 5 second delay making it unusable. Anyone know of some sort of capture card with no input lag? is that even possible?
 
From my past experience with trying to play a console (PS2, Dreamcast) through a TV capture card (TV Tuner) and playing the systems on my monitor connected to my PC I found that the issue is mostly software related and not hardware related. Some software, for some reason wants to buffer the video source. Some software allows you to remove this limit, but not all of them. I'll have to dig up my thread/posts again to see exactly what software I tested as I can't remember anymore. I did however manage to find software that allowed me to play the consoles lag free.
 
Back
Top