no iphone 4 ios 5.0.1 - 5.0.2 unlock or jailbreak yet correct?

umcpgrad

2[H]4U
so iphone 4 ios 5.0.1+ no jailbreak or unlock methods yet correct? sorry been out in the game for so long..........:eek:

so iphone 4 ios 5.0.1+ no jailbreak or unlock methods yet correct? sorry been out in the game for so long..........:eek:

I think there is a tethered jailbreak only. Wish there was an untethered so I could jailbreak my wife's phone.

I can honestly say that I haven't rebooted my 4S since I bought it, other than the 5.0.1 upgrade reboot.

If you're doing a tethered jailbreak you can always download an app called "SemiTether" from Cydia that will allow your phone to at least boot (unjailbroken) until you can do a tethered boot.

If you're doing a tethered jailbreak you can always download an app called "SemiTether" from Cydia that will allow your phone to at least boot (unjailbroken) until you can do a tethered boot.

Interesting, how bad is the process for doing the tethered jailbreak? If you boot unrooted, is everything installed while rooted deleted or what?

You know how people were saying that wil comex out of the scene, JB would be much harder. I don't know if its true, and have been hearing that iOS 5 JB will be out soon for a long time. I think the latest baseband also has no exploits.

I think we'll see fewer software unlocks now that apple is selling factory unlocked iPhones

I think we'll see fewer software unlocks now that apple is selling factory unlocked iPhones

Jailbreaks and unlocks are two separate things.

The former is to run un-authorized code on iOS. In other words, a way of bypassing Apple's closed software system.

The latter is to use the phone on any carrier of your choosing.

As long as people want to run any software they want, there will be people trying to jailbreak it. The problem is, a lot of people use the words synonymously, which makes it difficult to track what people are talking about.

No untethered yet for any iOS5 version.

I've been running a tethered jailbreak, with semi tether installed, and it's not bad. Reboot process is shut phone off, plug into computer and open redsn0w, put phone in DFU mode (easy) and click boot in Redsn0w. Done.

I still can't wait for an untethered JB though. Oh and a fully working Siri port :( I have the GUI lol

SemiTether is fine. If you need to reboot your phone on the go you can still make and receive calls, send and receive texts and browser the web.

You just cant launch non-apple apps until you reboot with a computer which takes only 30 seconds or so.

Though I haven't had to reboot my phone since I loaded 5.0 on it 2 months ago or whatever. I only rebooted it at home to see what SemiTether did and to install a few Cydia tweaks at first.

Looks like a real IOS5 jailbreak is going to be released any time now. Just watched a video of it. Hopefully something will come out for the IPad 2 shortly after....

Back