• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

No-ip Webserver Network Timeout...

Stroker

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 7, 2005
Messages
166
Hi guys, let me start by saying I am somewhat of a n00b when it comes to networking but I did look around before posting.

I am trying to set up a webserver so my brother can access my computer over the internet. I set up "no-ip" as per many peoples' recommendations. I created the hostname and am doing a port 80 redirect to 8080 because I think Comcast blocks port 80. I figured it can't hurt even if they don't right? I have this port allowed by my firewall and forwarded in my router. I also have their DUC software installed and configured. My problem is that when I try access the server it keeps telling me

Network Timeout

The server at ********** is taking too long to respond.

but it does give me no-ip's little ad banner at the bottom of the page. Anyone have any idea what am I doing wrong?
 
I don't know how paid domain registrars handle dynamic IP's, it could be that your public IP address changed. I'm not sure how no-ip handles updating that information.

I just use DynDNS.org. Its free, and they offer a little app that will talk to DynDNS and update your IP if/when it changes. You can also have your router set to talk to DynDNS so you don't even have to run the app.
 
Issue resolved
I'm an idiot and still had windows firewall running along with Comodo. It was a fresh install and simply forgot it was on. Woops
 
^^NVM


try accessing localhost from where the webserver is. Or the ip the of the computer where the webserver is on
 
Back
Top