• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

No Internet sound

mstersmith1

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 28, 2008
Messages
364
I searched without success. I am using a Creative x-fi Xtremegamer card in vista 64 and have zero sound when trying to view youtube. I can however hear just fine with Ventrilo. Any ideas? I appreciate any help thanks.
 
Did you set the sound mixer (click on the sound icon [taskbar], then mixer) for your web browser to 0%?

The browser needs to be open when you check/set this value.
 
That was no it :( I am uninstalling the sound card and seeing if the onboard will work. The other problem was Vent not working but all game sound and video would. I can cant seem to win lol.
 
I uninstalled the sound card and now the onboard sound cuts out and does not work until I reboot. I think I may have a fubar mobo :(
 
I know this is off topic, but what is 'fubar'?

EDIT: Nevermind...

Is it a PCIe card?

Try plugging it into another PCIe slot (I know PCIe is downwards compatible [i.e, you may plug a x16 card into a x4 or x1 slot], but I don't know if it works towards the other direction.
 
Oh your fix did work Jeremyshaw once I pulled the xfi card out and reset the drivers. It just cuts out and i have to reboot.
 
Also, the PCIe thing does not apply to your card, as it is a PCI card.

I'm not to sure what your computer setup is:
are you using an OEM?

If not, what is your motherboard?

(This helps greatly, thanks, I will be online for about another 45min, then I must sleep).
 
I am using a new EVGA P55 with a i7 860. Just put it together yesterday and wiped my boot drive. Never had any issues like this before. I pulled the sound card just to eleminate conflicts and I could hear all audio once I did. I did a full wipe on the onboard drivers and DL the newest ones from EVGA. Still cuts out after a few minutes of use and I have to reboot and it works again for a bit. Very frustrating. Thanks for the help man.
 
Well.. now I am lost...maybe.

Are there any BIOS settings for:

PCI IRQ?
(set your audio card to first priority).
or

Onboard audio (less likely to be an issue).

Set to off or auto.
 
The IRQ setting is mentioned because it is about driver/bios priority.

The lower the priority, the more likely skips in the audio are going to come.


If you still think it is the motherboard, see of the chipset heatsink looks damaged. (onboard audio controller is on the southbridge).
 
Well.. now I am lost...maybe.

Are there any BIOS settings for:

PCI IRQ?
(set your audio card to first priority).
or

Onboard audio (less likely to be an issue).

Set to off or auto.

Ah ha!! I think that may be it. Thanks man. I will give this a shot tonight. Thank you so much. I did not even think about setting audio priority in the BIOS. That should fix it. Also I saw no damage to the heatsink. Thanks for all the help.
 
Back
Top