No idea where to start...

Seros

[H]ard|Gawd
I apologize for my ignorance, but I truly don't know where to begin. I've been googleing,researching, and I feel really overwhelmed.

I finally have put together some money to invest in an upgrade for my rig. Currently, I have:
AMD Athlon 7750
6 GB Ram
nvidia 460 gtx

I have about 500 to spend on a motherboard and a processor, although I'm getting married soon so the less I spend the better :). I use my rig primarily for gaming and some photo editing. My primary concern is building a PC around a processor that will last for a while.

Again, I don't even know where to begin. I've been out of the game for a while; any recommendations or suggestions would be appreciated!

well to start with, socket 1155 is going to have your best "upgrade" path as it takes pentiums, i3's, i5's and i7's. so there is a start. the i5 3570k seems to be a popular choice. also, does your $500 include needing a power supply or any drives of any sort?

there's always deals in the FS/T section, but that can get overwhelming too

PS, if you are in the market to SLi your 460, i have a gtx 460 1gb 256-bit for sale :D pm me if you're interested, you would need a matching 1gb/256-bit card. i saw you have a 7750 too, so maybe the 460 is just for hybrid physx, but if you do want to SLi, i'm your man! :D

If you live near a Microcenter you can get a steal on a 3570k and $40 off most all compatible motherboards.

Back