No good games

peacetilence

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 23, 2004
Messages
2,343
IMO the old Ageia demo with the planes and barrels was the best one. I guess that wasn't an actual game though.

Are you guys really going to spend $300 for some ehanced black pixels (GRAW) and a tech demo you can't play online? (Cellfactor) That seems like a real leap of faith to me.

I don't mean this to sound as harsh as it is but why are the Ageia games so lame? Why don't they have any flight sims, mech games, space combat games, games that would actually be cool with these enhanced physics?
 
It will take time before more game makers take advantage of the physics stuff, and the price will lower.

I wonder if a future GTA title will use it.
 
Can you imagine a fully physics-accelerated racing game like burnout? What if you had crash junctions that involved destroying the buildings :eek:
 
Slartibartfast said:
Can you imagine a fully physics-accelerated racing game like burnout? What if you had crash junctions that involved destroying the buildings :eek:

That would rock.

If a building is going to be destroyed, will the developer have to build it out of bricks and timber, and if so, will the bricks and timber also be able to crumble and splinter into jagged smaller chunks?
 
I remember when 3d cards were first introduced there was a plethora of cool and unique games. I guess with how large the industry has become (what I mean by that is how much time and how many people it takes to make a game) that unique ideas aren't persued because of money reasons.
 
Back
Top