No glow IPS (Eizo only?) response time

crmb

n00b
Hello,

I haven't looked at the new monitors for a while. At first glance it seems you still have no option except Eizo ColorEdge to get a no glow IPS monitor.
Looked at some prad.de reviews, the responsive time seems poorer and poorer.

Still asking... any modern ColorEdge OK with gaming ? (at least as "good" as a 10years old 2ms 226BW)

Or any other brand with low glow ? (24"1200p to 27")

(After a cap repair few years ago) my 226BW is still my main (center) monitor since 2007 because it can handle game Okish. IPS are just my secondary monitors.
My eyes starting to get bad (weird stuff, check "visual noise") and i need a new PWM free montor. But i don't think i can stand IPS glow for games and black backgrounds.

Thanks

Last edited:
There were some Samsung PLS panels with no glow, but I think there is a lottery on almost all glow free panels.

I have checked all eizo screens and the newest (with panasonic(?) 1:1500 panel) have poor response time. (looks like they have no overdrive option)
No polarizer on any of the Flexscan.
Looks like a dead end.

Any TN monitor with "terrific" viewing angle ? Can't stand the VA either

Last edited:
Eizo CX240 have 16ms input lag and is probably limited to 60Hz. Pixel response times should be as good as any other IPS panel.

For treating bad eyesight I recommend reading https://www.amazon.com/Method-Better-Eyesight-Without-Glasses/dp/0805002413 which is a good starting point to learn how to see. Not covers everythign and there is a lot to learn about this stuff so the sooner one starts the better.
I work on my sight for more than ten years already and to say I have very good sight is an understatement, even an insult :cool: I am amazed at how little humanity as a whole know about things which are obvious when you know anything about this topic. It is so fckng sad :grumpy:

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Why not get va then ? No glow.
New va panels like ew277hdr have reported evene better colors and even less glow than older va panels.

Btw - IPS monitors have just as fast response times as that 226bw if not even faster. You just have to look out for input lag. With Eizo or Nec monitors, it will be very high

Last edited:
Back