No Display Problem

prfctdrkns

n00b
The other day i bought a RX480. Installed and everything worked fine. This morning i swapped the motherboard and cpu and now i cannot get a display. I know the RX 480 worked fine until I switched Mobo and cpu. I can put in the old video card and the new mobo and cpu work fine. This makes me think either something in the switch caused the new video card to die or it is not being detected. I have tried fresh windows install, checking cables, etc. Any help would be appreciated, the specs are below.

Original:
New Changes:
MSI Z68A-G43 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel Z68 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
i5 2500K

Put the old video card in and try updating the new motherboards bios. Also make sure to reset the bios to factory defaults before shutting down and changing video cards. Also you may need to choose gen2 or gen3( if your motherboard supports it) in the PCI-e lane speed.

Put the old video card in and try updating the new motherboards bios. Also make sure to reset the bios to factory defaults before shutting down and changing video cards. Also you may need to choose gen2 or gen3( if your motherboard supports it) in the PCI-e lane speed.

Thank you for the suggestions. I had updated the bios, but then in linked thread on MSI board it is apperently a known issue with the Z68A chipset. I followed those instructions to update the bios further and it worked. Thanks again for the help.

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=278839.0

Back