No DHCP on Wireless Subnet

Carlosinfl

Loves the juice
I have the following setup on smoothwall:

Network Config = red + orange + green + purple

The DHCP scope on the green is working fine. No staticly set IP's and everyone obtains a valid lease in range however on my wireless (192.168.2.1) subnet, I have no DHCP.

I have a WRT54G hanging off my purple interface with DHCP disabled and set it to be a AP only. I also told SWE to range my purple scope from 192.168.2.100-101 with "Permit MAC Only" filtering enabled. My wireless laptop never gets a DHCP address however when I throw in a static IP out of range like 192.168.2.3, I can surf the web fine from my wireless network. This makes no sense to me...

I checked on the AP and there is a section where it has DHCP server = disabled but then the drop down has another option for DHCP Forwarder (which is not selected)...should that be enabled instead?

Under services do you have DHCP turned on for the needed network? Your wireless router is set correctly to act as an access point.

you have to enable dhcp for the purple subnet. It will be in the same location as the green dhcp. there should be a drop down box to select purple. enable dhcp and set your ip range as well.

I guess the reason why I am confused is because of the fact that there are two devices in place here. We have the Firewall who is also my DHCP server and then we have the WRT54G (which DHCP is disabled) acting as a Access Point only.

When I go to my DHCP server I see the following:

In my "purple" LAN you can see I have DHCP enabled for a range of simply two IP's 192.168.2.100 - 101. Now when I try and obtain one via DHCP, I get nothing on my laptop. :(

Back