No bootable devices after new AMD build

Rev. Night

[H]ard|Gawd
I just upgraded my PC from a 7 year 6700k to an amd5 7700x. I changed the mobo, cpu, ram. Kept everything else including storage. They are:

WD_black pci 3.0 nvme (OS installed)
Wd_blue SSD
Wd_blue SSD
Wd_black sn850x nvme (newly installed for this build)

I can navigate around bios just fine and it detects the ram, cpu, storage, fans etc. However when I click on boot priority, it says 'no bootable devices'.

I save and exit, and PC keeps rebooting into bios.

As a troubleshoot, I enable csm and allow storage boots from UEFI, save and exit. It rebooted, went past post screen, and all black screen and was blinking in the top left. It was also impossible to go back into UEFI, delete or f2 wasn't working. Had to clear cmos.

Do I have to reinstall windows? How can I fix this?

Edit; mobo is Asus tuf gaming x670e wifi, bios 0809

Last edited:
Oh thanks for the reminder. As soon as it started, the first time, I got that ftpm message. I first did N, and when that just rebooted and sent me back to this screen, I did Y.

I'll look in my manual and turn it off

PXL_20230303_191804325.jpg

I went and turned Trusted Computing off. Still no bootable devices

When I see the option to turn off ftpm, I get this error saying all data will be lost. So it's going to erase my drive??

PXL_20230303_220414408.jpg

Reddit said no data would be lost be disabling f tpm. I just did that, still no bootable devices.

NO SHIT. WE HAVE LIFTOFF.

1) disable f tpm
2) enable csm. Storage loads via UEFI.

I'm at windows login, Windows desktop

Good to hear, I thought maybe it was an NVME slot being disabled due to using something else on the motherboard.

I have a motherboard that if you use ANY of the 3 x1 PCI-E slots or ANY of SATA ports 5 & 6, the 2nd NVME port gets disabled. Pretty rough.

Back