No Boot screen

black.hat

Weaksauce
I've Just upgraded my motherboard to Asus IV Black Edition, Tried to turn on the PC after putting all cables and hardware in, however no boot screen show up, By that i mean nothing show up on the Display at all. not even a signal being detected. The motherboard lights remain ON, but nothing happen, the LED screen on Motherboard show "00" fans continue working....

Pulled out the CPU and rams and put them in again, but nothing changed.

While taking the CPU out i noticed one pin from the Bent CPU pins "look" to be bad... not sure how bad it is but it does not look like the others. I am not a pro user, I think there might be other reasons, like i might plugged a cable in a wrong place or something like that, any suggestion what to check?

Last edited:
a photo might help. also, does the board have an onboard video display? You will want to hook that up. and it should have some method of post codes. It used to be beeps, but there may be LEDs. You need to find out what the post code is and compare it to the motherboard manual.

edit: some suggest 00 may be bios does not detect a cpu

some simple things, is the aux power supply cable to the MB hooked up?

have you removed all screw standoffs from the case that do not get screws?

next step may be to remove the board and try to boot it outside the case. put it on cardboard or the plastic bag that it came in

Back