No Bluetooth icon in Vista Ultimate 32 bit control panel. :(

mentok1982

Supreme [H]ardness
Are any of you folks using Vista with the Abit IN9 32X-MAX motherboard and a Bluetooth device?
I am trying to get my Plantronics .Audio 910 headset installed properly. Right now it shows up as
a "USB audio" deivce in the device manager with a yellow exclamation point. I found this helpful
page:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/67cdb8d4-c3fe-43db-a00e-53159bf8695b1033.mspx

However the real problem now is that I do not have the Bluetooth icon in my control panel. The
command "bthprops.cpl" when typed into the Run field in the start menu should bring up the
Bluetooth control panel window. When I type that in, nothing comes up.

Does this have anything to do with my Abit motherboard, or is this problem caused by Windows
Vista?

Vista has limited Bluetooth device drivers so far. My Motorola PC850 identifies and installs fine, but Windows doesn't register it as a Bluetooth device.

Vista has limited Bluetooth device drivers so far. My Motorola PC850 identifies and installs fine, but Windows doesn't register it as a Bluetooth device.

Ditto. You'll have to go to the manufacturer's website and get their drivers.

So will these problems be solved by a Windows Update or what?

So will these problems be solved by a Windows Update or what?

The control panel will only load if it recognizes a Bluetooth device. For it to be recognized, you'll need to obtain drivers from your manufacturer or have a working device. Once that's installed, the control panel will appear and you can use it.

Looking on Plantronic's webpage, I found the following FAQ:

Voyager-USB
.Audio 910
Both these products utilize the USB Bluetooth adapter. The USB Bluetooth adapter with firmware version 1.15 (indicated by 1p15 printed on the back of the unit) is not compatible with Vista. It is not field upgradeable and must be replaced to work with Vista. Version 1.23 (1p23 on back of unit) is Vista compatible.

So - which adapter do you have? If the older one, you'll need to deal with Plantronics to get/buy a replacement or find an alternate device...

LChasa you are my fucking hero! I contacted Plantronics about my problem and I scoured their
website and I never came up with that info! I will hereby obtain this updated USB adapter from
them.

Look for a PM from me for a reward for your assistance.

Here is the link so I can send the link when I talk to customer service tomorrow:
http://plantronics.custhelp.com/cgi...TEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD0xLjE1&p_li=&p_topview=1

I contacted Plantronics and they are going to send me the newer model (1.23) for free! All I have
to do is send them mine in the self addressed envelope they are going to send me along with
the new adapter! So first, I get the new adapter, then I send them mine! Awesome!!

PLANTRONICS FTW!!

Back