• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

No bass

Mike2007x86

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
127
I am using windows 7 64-bit home premium.
I am using onboard sound of a 680i SLI A1 which is realtek
I am using Altec Lansing 251B Speakers - Only 2.1 is plugged up.
I have a Logitech Clearchat Comfort 3.5mm headset plugged into that headphone jack on the right speaker itself where the volume controls are. The bass is really non-existant when I listen thru my headset for some reason and I don't know why.

Can someone please tell me how to get some bass out of these in windows 7 control panel options or even third party tools?
Seriously the sound is good, but there is really no bass at all.

(See the right speaker with the volume controls and headset jack)

alt9.jpg


Altec Lansing 251B launch date was December 9th, 2002. I have had these since Dec 11, 2002.

My older sennheiser PC-160's on an XFI Extreme Music blew these out of the water.
-My Creative WOW Wireless will be in tommarrow, but I want to see if I can get these working properly so I can maybe return the WOW Wireless headset.

I use a headset, because I live in an apartment.
I use 2.1 till 10pm then switch to my headset.
 
Select the output device in Sound & Programs control panel, under the "enhancement" menu tab, turn on bass boost.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rive22
Solution

And how exactly does that add bass to his headphones?

I know lol... I ask about a headset and he recommends a HT speaker setup.


I am using 2.49 realtek drivers, but there is no bass boost under enhancements.

I did however notice that on my last install with guru3d 2.49 drivers that was present, so now my question is... Is it better to use official drivers vs guru3d repackaged drivers?
I normally grab all my drivers from this guys site, but on this install 4 days ago I went all official drivers off manufacturers website.
 
try using the latest audio drivers from you motherboard manufacturer's page.
 
E-VGA Motherboard support drivers recommends v2.41 which is 01\22\2010

Realtek however has the v2.49 drivers which work as R2.49 2010/6/11
Should I still use the 5 month old drivers?

Thanks
 
If this doesn't work, delete the Realtek driver altogether. The Windows default driver might in fact be superior.
 
I got some bass, but nothing near what my older pc-160's put out.

Sennheiser blew my mind when I went from the old logitech clearchat wrap arounds.
I used to love playing rainbowsix on my pc-160's (faulty cord - sound drops in and out). I'm still debating whether I should go the 166's

Well for a 25.00 set I can say I am satisfied with my logitechs now

It turns out that bass boost is only available on the default windows 7 driver.

-I installed 2.41, then reinstalled 2.49 using driver sweeper between installs.
I then enabled pitch shift, Enviroment - Living Room, Then I set the EQ to custom, and finally I enabled virtual surround.

Next I created a custom profile for the EQ in WMP12
one that balances bass and treble, but has a bit more punch while not drowning out the mids and highs.

Consider this issue resolved, since the custom eq profile now has good settings.
 
The Windows 7 default drivers are definitely better which is pretty sad, you get more features and more sampling rates than the Realtek drivers.
 
Back
Top