No audio over hdmi on crt tv?

Kulith

Limp Gawd
I get audio over hdmi with my computer on a new lcd tv, but when I hook it up to my CRT over hdmi it's just video.

It says ATI HDMI AUDIO not plugged in:
okppad.png

The computer is a GIGABYTE usb3 matx w/ integrated HD4200 , AMD athlon x3 640, x25-V ssd.

Any ideas?

I think you will only get sound if you use HDMI to HDMI. Converter doesn't work.

Is it an HDMI to DVI cable?

DVI doesn't support sound, so don't expect it to stay.

Yes I am using HDMI to HDMI, straight from the computer to the TV. Who said anything about a converter?

Without the brand and model number of the CRT you are using, nobody will be able to help you.

I get a popup that says "An hdmi to DVI connection was detected .... "

1y1dzr.png

Why does it say this? I'm using HDMI to HDMI like I said. Does the TV convert it internally or something?

Last edited:
Hi.

In your TV did you select HDMI as your audio source for the HDMI input?

Did you try other HDMI devices (DVD, BlueRay, Console) to your TV and did you have sound?

Fixed it. In BIOS there was a setting to set the digital connection to HDMI, DVI, or auto. It was set on auto. I set it to hdmi and it works perfectly. Apparently it wasn't sure what to do with this TV or something, but now it works great.

Thanks!

Before some readers go all crazy that this is an HDMI-capable CRT, see this Amazon user review; "There is no way the 26HF85 even comes close to 1080 scanlines. It's probably closer to 700-800 lines of resolution." You wouldn't want to use this as a monitor.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back