• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

No audio after power outage

Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
3
After a brief power outage, I'm not getting any sound from the integrated audio. I've verified that it's not the speakers. Has anybody else had this happen? Everything else seems to be working fine. Can the audio part of the motherboard get fried and nothing else?

Thanks.
 
Not to sound too obvious, but have you made sure that your computer is not muted or that the volume is turned down in the sound mixer panel? possibly verify that the speakers are plugged into the proper port on the computer. Sorry if this is stupid sounding.
Does your computer have a headphone jack? Try that with some headphones. Also verify that the onboard audio is still present in the Device Manager. I've never had the onboard sound go out, but maybe someone else has and can chime in.
 
Did anything else seem to get changed? Just wondering if the power outage might have cause the board to reset BIOS settings and perhaps disabled the onboard chip? Does Device Manager actually show the audio device as present?
 
Thanks for the replies. Yes I've double checked all the things like muted volume, etc. I tried the headphone jack and still no sound. Checked the BIOS; Device Manager shows the device working properly. I reinstalled audio drivers.

I'm out of ideas. Just seems strange to me that everything else would be fine.
 
That is odd considering the audio components would essentially be the "man in the middle" - you'd think either the speakers would have taken damage or the motherboard. Only other thing I could think of trying would be to remove the device from device manager, reboot and disable in BIOS, boot into windows, reboot and re-enable in BIOS and then back into Windows to have it redetect but can't imagine that'd do anything more than reloading the drivers.
 
Back
Top