• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

No Answer for the 5970?

I'm not a fanboy of either amd or nvidia....I'll buy either one. But I'll say this. I don't know how AMD has gotten away with claiming this performance crown for so long when they don't even have any cards to buy at MSRP. By the time I can finally buy one for a decent price, Fermi will probably be here.

Anyways, my point is that the 5970 has been overpriced and underavialble for way too long, and nobody seems to care. All they want to do is bash nvidia. How bout we get that $600 dual gpu vid card we were promised 3 months ago?

My speculation is: As soon as GTX 480 hits the market you are going to see a lot of 5970 in stock and some of those will have 4GB of memory. Also, there wili be 5870's with 2GB of memory. All of this to couinter the Nvidia release.
 
MSRP is set by ATI. Blame stores like Newegg for jacking up the price due to no competition.

Newegg also did this with Intel SSDs if anyone remembers...

Actually ATI has recently increased their MSRP to $300/$399. Check 5830 reviews.
 
I don't really see a big issue. No Nvidia can't feasibly design a dual-gpu fermi card that will conform to PCIE power restraints. So what? Just buy 2x Fermi and you've got performance that will beat the 5970. Now if you hate having 2 video cards, then this isn't the solution for you. But it doesn't seem to be a big deal to me when some people are running as many as 3x or 4x video cards.
 
Back
Top