No AA/AF on 9800 pro?

donahue

Gawd
Joined
Jul 26, 2004
Messages
807
So I have a 9800 pro and play such games as Far Cry, CS:S, CoD, Warhammer 40k, etc. I have notiched that there isnt a single circle in those games that is actually a circle; most are octagons. Here is an example:



Even when I turn AA/AF all the way up in game it doesn't do anything. Is there a setting somewhere else where I have to enable it? The jaggies are really getting to me in these newer games.
 
That's a hl mod, that engine doesn't do circles, honestly. All engines use triangles to simulate circular objects...

~Adam
 
based on q2.. q3 was first mainstream engine w/ then-revolutionary curved surface rendering
 
Someone musta figured out how to do an integral with graphics cards, hehe.

~Adam
 
Trueform can help! It'll at least double the number of edges on that circle.
OTOH, chances are it'll make your gun look like a nerf toy and your enemies look like the Stay-Puff marshmallow man, just like in Ghost Busters.

Seriously though, that octagon is 100% game and 0% graphics card.
 
Back
Top