Megalith
24-bit/48kHz
- Joined
- Aug 20, 2006
- Messages
- 13,000
I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to optimize the Nivo Slider on a site I'm developing.
http://nivo.dev7studios.com/#usage
I'm able to get the slideshow running, but have no idea what "fat to trim." Basically, my version aims to be much simpler than the version running at the developer's homepage. I just want a slideshow of 700x400 px images on a div with practically no markup except for width, height, and margins.
Two problems I'm having is that the lower buttons don't show up at all (probably because I need to upload button graphics on my end first), and another weird issue where the current image will lose its position and move down, showing a second image underneath (this likely has to do with extraneous css attributed to the html caption id or class).
So, is there anyone who can help me with the core functionality of this? I also fiddled around with the css values that control the caption styling a bit, but since this slideshow is going to be for editorial purposes, I need to have a headline and some regular text on the following line. Can't figure that out either, since there's only one caption text element and, therefore, one way to style it.
http://nivo.dev7studios.com/#usage
I'm able to get the slideshow running, but have no idea what "fat to trim." Basically, my version aims to be much simpler than the version running at the developer's homepage. I just want a slideshow of 700x400 px images on a div with practically no markup except for width, height, and margins.
Two problems I'm having is that the lower buttons don't show up at all (probably because I need to upload button graphics on my end first), and another weird issue where the current image will lose its position and move down, showing a second image underneath (this likely has to do with extraneous css attributed to the html caption id or class).
So, is there anyone who can help me with the core functionality of this? I also fiddled around with the css values that control the caption styling a bit, but since this slideshow is going to be for editorial purposes, I need to have a headline and some regular text on the following line. Can't figure that out either, since there's only one caption text element and, therefore, one way to style it.